Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone else in Southern California melting?

It's hot.  We have always had over the 100's here in So CA, no big deal and it's not rare.  That's what heppens here in Summer. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

What I don't understand is that at about 12:30pm-ish, the Ch 2 news broke in with that annoying buzzer alert sounding warnings for a FLASH FLOOD ALERT .....

I didn't get where it was supposed to be, but I hadn't heard of any area around here getting rain ..... a flash flood would almost be a welcome change!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NoelSeven

I don't get some of the weather forecasts either.  One of the worst for our city is weather.com.  OMG, they are sometimes off by a mile.  I have been using noaa.gov and it is by far the most accurate.  Right now weather.com lists our city at 99 degrees!  noaa says it is 105 right now, which is accurate by every gauge we have.  The air is an oven, no way is it 99.  Weather.com forecasts tomorrow at 103, while noaa.gov says it will be 105, with a couple hours at 108, which is more like it.

Some weather bureaus will say it is raining, when there hasn't been a drop anywhere.  They must have our town combined with another area, as they rarely have our weather accurate, except noaa, which is a ocean and atmosphere agency that they for sailing. as well

example, I just checked noaa, and san francisco had a high today at 1:43 of 93 degrees.  That is HOTTTTT for San Francisco.  It is 84 right now at 4:53

Esteemed Contributor

There's lots of rain and flash floods from Santa Clarita to Orange County. I think maybe San Benadino is getting some as well. 

Trusted Contributor

Melting in Ventura County. 15 minutes to the beach and its 96 here

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

There's lots of rain and flash floods from Santa Clarita to Orange County. I think maybe San Benadino is getting some as well. 

shoekitty said

RAIN????  really??  Good grief, that is really unusual.  But I read something about thunderstorms.  The ground is so hard and dry, the rain must bounce off the ground!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

What I don't understand is that at about 12:30pm-ish, the Ch 2 news broke in with that annoying buzzer alert sounding warnings for a FLASH FLOOD ALERT .....

I didn't get where it was supposed to be, but I hadn't heard of any area around here getting rain ..... a flash flood would almost be a welcome change!!

We get those all the time too, and it's always for areas about 30 miles east of us.

i got an alert for the Grapevine -   but they can send the flash flood here to Tarzana -  we'll find a way to deal with it.   whooh!  hottttt!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shoekitty wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

shoekitty said

RAIN????  really??  Good grief, that is really unusual.  But I read something about thunderstorms.  The ground is so hard and dry, the rain must bounce off the ground!

It's pretty unusual but thunderstorms do happen sometimes in summertime. The weather is super hot so the rain is nice but the dry ground means lots of flash floods. Newport and Huntington beaches were evacuated because of lightning strikes.

Respected Contributor

I really like Accuweather's " minute cast" it can get right into my neighborhood it's so precise. I have it on my computer here at work..

i have lived here all my life, and we can always count on a heatwave the first week of school, and one during the Fair...which is going on now...