Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else in Southern California melting?

[ Edited ]

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

My area of the desert is in the mid-90s with a flash flood alert/warning, dark clouds overhead and humid. It will soon be in the low 100s.

The rule of thumb for dogs and their paws: hold your hand to the ground for 5 seconds. If it's too hot for you, it's too hot for them.

Respected Contributor

I know most of us are aware of this but please look after your neighbors who are elderly and ill. I'm in good health and this weather is exhausting me.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I am in the Santa Clara Valley and it has been 107.  

Oh, shoekitty, how awful Smiley Sad

Northern CA is going to have to make some drastic changes because of climate change.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Tomoorow, thursday is forecast to be 108.  I am just so sick of this weather.  I want our old seasons back.  Although as history tells it, September has some of the hottest temps on record.  I am praying for El Nino, rain, sweet rain

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

San Mateo is 101 right now, other areas will get to at least 106 today.

Weather reports keep saying there is no AC in almost all of the Bay Area, true.

The crime is that there are also almost NO cooling centers for those who have trouble with the heat.

That's scary and dangerous for those who are not used to dealing with this kind of heat. Smiley Sad

You are so right!  And a lot of our homeless are US veterans who are sick, need help and have nowhere to go to get out of the direct sun,

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

We just came out of one of the hottest weeks of the year - high 90s.  It cooled down a little bit, but I just heard the air conditioner kick off upstairs. 

I'm ready for cooler temps.  The nights have been glorious, but I still keep the air on upstairs.  Fall allergies are starting to kick in, and I can't sleep with the windows open and no air conditioning.

Stay hydrated!

Honored Contributor

Yes, if you have neighbors who are elderly or home bound, bring ice water and some juice!  I call and remind Mom to drink her water as well.  Sometimes to the elderly drinking 8 ounces of water a day is what they concider good!

Honored Contributor

I shouldn't complain.....jeez....the temp just went down to 97.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry for all of you.  It's going to be 55 degrees by me tonight and the temps are dropping this weekend to high 60's.

Seriously, not preaching atcha, God Bless You.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise