Occasional Contributor

Re: Anyone else in Southern California melting?

Keeping the air on.  Electric bill is up to $250. Usually it's about $60...I feel like I'm living back in Florida.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

when I went out at 7pm it was 92 degrees.  OMG,  I am sitting here with the whole fan on, ceiling fan, and hot air keeps coming in the windows.  It is awful.  It wasn't as hot today as yesterday, but the hot night air is killing me.  Whine..LOL

WHINE 11... call me a whaaambulence!  LOL!

Dampen your skin and stand in front of the fans .... it'll just about give you a chill .... feels great .....  Heart

INDEED... woo!

Six months out of the year, I keep a spray bottle near me that's filled with cold water (& sometimes ice).

Since I already have the A/C units and fans running everywhere, periodically spritzing myself all over (but especially my neck, the small of my back, & my bare feet) really helps.

I've even kept flexible ice packs on my feet and at the small of my back, in addition to wearing a cooling bandana.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's around 5 P.M. and the temp is 82 degrees.  

I'm inside with the air on and the temp is around 70 degrees.  

Not bad.  

I wish a business offered delivery of ice cream.  They could bring cookies too.  

Well, I could get in the car and go get it myself.   But it's hot out there.   While I'm out there in this weather I could pick up a  hamburger, fries and small coke.   Going outside is beginning to sound better as I put the trip together in my mind. 

Wooo, pizza would be good too.   humm

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy @Tinkrbl44

I have these little round ice packs I collected from the Dr's office when I got fillers, LOL!  I keep them frozen, slip them in my bra, and back of neck and then spray myself down!!  That is what I did to survive the last several days.  Today it is cool. and a welcome relief!!

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@feline groovy @Tinkrbl44

I have these little round ice packs I collected from the Dr's office when I got fillers, LOL!  I keep them frozen, slip them in my bra, and back of neck and then spray myself down!!  That is what I did to survive the last several days.  Today it is cool. and a welcome relief!!

LOL and good for you, 'kitty!  Cat Very Happy

Nothin' like getting creative with what you have, or using stuff in other ways than intended.    8)

Glad to hear that today feels better for you.

Honored Contributor

OMG, it's under 70 degrees! That won't last long, but still ... 😺😸😍

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

our heat spell is lifting, yah!, but we have smoke in the air from the terrible fire.  we're in no danger, but the smoke is blowing our way and the air is very bad.

i guess i should add, i'm in n. calif.  lol

Honored Contributor

Late Breaking News:

Tuesday 6:15 am ....

It's POURING  RAIN  HERE  !!!!!!

Yeeee - haaaaaa   !!!

(the news says there's lots of car accidents ... drive carefully!)

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Late Breaking News:

Tuesday 6:15 am ....

It's POURING  RAIN  HERE  !!!!!!

Yeeee - haaaaaa   !!!

(the news says there's lots of car accidents ... drive carefully!)

now this is the kind of humidity i like!  i'll risk the hair frizzies for these wonderful hours of rain.  hallelu!

Honored Contributor

Not that I want to give up even one drop of rain here,  but I hope the rain is also pouring in the Middletown area ... those firefighters really need a break!!