Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else having trouble logging into aol mail?

I tried to log into AOL email and got the BLERK! ERROR 5.  So I opened up another tab and went to the AOL home page.  From there I saw I was already signed into AOL successfuly and able to access my Inbox.  I hope that works for you!

Occasional Contributor

Yes, when you get the error message, try opening another tab. Worked for me!

Honored Contributor

I'm using a MacBook Pro with Safari.  I just cleared cookies and restarted my computer and was able to get back in. However, the log-in has become two pages.  One page for your user name, the the next page for your passoword.  Not sure how long it's been that way, since I haven't had to do that log-in recently.

Regular Contributor

I was having trouble for about two and a half hours.  I sent them an email after trying all of the recommended solutions with no success.  Mine is now fixed. 

Honored Contributor

I did the other day, and then my husband couldn't get something on the t.v., that we figured might be part of that.  Then boom both were ok.  So something was going on!!

Trusted Contributor

YES! I have been for quite some time & thought it was my laptop, I nearly bought a new one & I'm so fond of this one. Boy, I am glad to read I'm not alone but sorry for everyone this is happening too, count me in!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been with AOL mail  since the beginning of home computers and  problems have  occured  almost everyday in the past yr!   Smiley Sad

I really dislike it sooooo much.I would change my e-mail if I was not know all over the world....lol.for my AOL address.....lol........to much trouble to notify everyone of my change      Smiley Sad

I NEVER use AOL for anthing except  mail!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's back up and running.........But what a FIASCO....no notification whatsoever that they were making a change.....

I just prefer the set up of AOL email....

I have another email address with someone else (I use that one only for certain categories/people), but I have serious security concerns with them....and find their format rather clunky and they fill your inbox with "ads of interest" and if you dont like it, you can pay them extra to remove them....My security software can block any email ads on AOL (I dont use the brand AOL offers...).....

Anyone here on Pogo.com (computer game site)....at least we got notified well in advance of coming transition to 2 step sign in  process in March and they've walked us through it all....Glad SOMEONE thought about the users with Pogo instead of just springing it on us like AOL did........I guess everyone is going 2 step for security.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

i am surprised at those who say they have almost daily problems.

i very RARELY have any problems with aol or with receiving my aol mail.....online OR via the app.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

I was having trouble for about two and a half hours.  I sent them an email after trying all of the recommended solutions with no success.  Mine is now fixed. 

@Tuppermore

I found this rather amusing .....  they said to click if you had trouble trying to log in after 2 hours so I clicked the link and reported it, and I thought Id get a text or a call about the issue....but they sent it to my AOL email....so if I can't get into my email how was I supposed to read the email that they sent advising me that they were working on the problem...LOL!!!!  Does that speak VOLUMES about the common sense their IT Dept has....too funny!!!

Its fixed now and thats how I finally got to read their email...but OMG!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”