Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else having their aol emails to people partially chopped off?

@Lindsays Grandma

who is your internet provider and why are you notifying aol that your bank account changed? are you STILL paying for AOL?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@dooBdoo Migrating isn't my issue.It's the need for that email address for personal and business reasons.

Trusted Contributor

@wildlifewitchYou can keep your email address and set up mail forwarding. I had an old email address and had the same problem of how to notify so many people. As emails got forwarded it was easy to respond the each one telling them of my new email address and to use that one going forward.

Eventually everyone started using the correct address, but I still get forwarded ones from emailers who have not emailed in a long time, the stragglers, so the forwarding never stops or is only for a certain period of time. At least not for me anyway. It has been at least 4 or 5 years and it still forwards.

In the beginning I got some duplicates from people who used both addresses but that was OK, I just responded from the new one and they evenually stopped using the old one.

I suppose I could stop it on my own, because the forwards I get now are advertising type emails, and they will not get my new email address. If I ever stop it, all the junk mail will begin to bounce.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma

who is your internet provider and why are you notifying aol that your bank account changed? are you STILL paying for AOL?

I pay AOL $4.99/mo to help speed up my computer.  That will end shortly as I am going to get a new one.  Am I being taken advantage of by AOL along with all the others?  Probably.  I have been using AOL for at least thirty years.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma

i have been using aol since 1999.

i have not paid for aol for at least ten years now, maybe a bit longer..

i do still use them as my homepage AND for my main email accounts, both personal and business.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein