Esteemed Contributor

Anyone else having issues with payments to UnitedHealthcare?

[ Edited ]

I got my payment mailed in Oct back earlier this month with "Address unknown"...it WAS their address and PO box...but I figured it was a fluke...so I immediatley sent a new check with the next months payment added in a new style envelope (no window) that they included with my bill. I was still in the "grace period"....so I didn't worry

Check has STILL not been cashed, so I called and apparently it is a BIG issue right know with them and the PO. The nice woman I talked to at UHC told me that it has affected hunreds orf thousands of people and they are aware of the problem.

I told her that I don't want my Policy cancelled because of this and she said not to worry they won't and she made a notion on my acct that I had called.

I am going to set up Bill pay with my bank as soon as it either gets credited or I get this check back...

Just wondered if anyone else is going through this....

Frequent Contributor

Re: Anyone else having issues with payments to UnitedHealthcare?

Can you pay the premium through your banj electronically?  Or, make the payment online through UnitedHealthcare?

Valued Contributor

I pay directly through United Health Care's web site.  It's easy and fast.

Honored Contributor

NOPE!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

My United payment is deducted from my SSI monthly amount before the SSI check is direct deposited in my checking account.

Easy............

Trusted Contributor

Any and all heath related bills I pay in their websites.  You get an immediate receipt which if you can't print you can do a screen shot (I use snipit when I need to do this) and save it.  This way I always have proof when I paid it, how I paid it and I can check my account as to when it deducts from my bank account as proof it went through. If you do it online you can always log back on, check any bills you may have, which ones you paid, when and what for.  Much better than snail mail.  So much gets lost, takes forever for the check to clear, much nicer to pay it now when I know I have the money in the account.  I had several times through the years back in the day when I paid by check that they took their time cashing it and then when I checked my account I would have to scroll back and figure out why I was so low since I thought for sure they had cashed that by now and then wound up short until the next pay period.  Do it online you know that money is transfered in 2-3 days at most.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't have UHC, but I do pay for my health insurance monthly.

I worked in the health insurance industry and I know that the best way to pay your insurance is to have it set up to taken from your checking account and not to be paper billed. It is also not a good idea to pay it with a credit card automatically.

I have personally seen people's insurance be cancelled because their check got lost in the mail, or their credit card expired ( date) and info was not updated, as well as people who couldn't pay their bill because they were in the hospital or those who never got a bill ( lost in the mail) and forgot about payment.

Yes, their coverage was reinstated after they appealed the denial, but in the meantime, claims were denied and they were stressed.  If this happened more than once, they were often not allowed reinstatement.

My payment comes out of my checking account the first of the month and I get an e-mail from the insurance company telling me they received it.

I forgot to mention that if you do not have anyone on your HIPAA information with your insurance  no one will be able to call the insurance company for you to get info on your bill, not even your spouse.

Make sure the HIPAA consent does not expire when you do or your family will not be able to access information after you die to settle things.

Honored Contributor

I really don't know anyone that mails their payments thru snail mail. We do everything electronically.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I don't have UHC, but I do pay for my health insurance monthly.

I worked in the health insurance industry and I know that the best way to pay your insurance is to have it set up to taken from your checking account and not to be paper billed. It is also not a good idea to pay it with a credit card automatically.

I have personally seen people's insurance be cancelled because their check got lost in the mail, or their credit card expired ( date) and info was not updated, as well as people who couldn't pay their bill because they were in the hospital or those who never got a bill ( lost in the mail) and forgot about payment.

Yes, their coverage was reinstated after they appealed the denial, but in the meantime, claims were denied and they were stressed.  If this happened more than once, they were often not allowed reinstatement.

The only thing we have automatically deducted from our checking account is the premium for our supplement plan. 

Everything else is done through the banks bill pay service, I go to the website every month, enter in the amounts and the date I want it paid by.    

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter   You're a smart lady.  You absolutely do not want your supplement to cancel because of non-payment.