Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else have trouble understanding Prince Harry?

I’ve never had a problem understanding any of them. Have you had your hearing checked recently?

Esteemed Contributor

They talk fast  ... sometimes it is hard to understand them.

Honored Contributor

I love the British accent, but trying to understand the Scottish,or wales accent is harder for me.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

I’ve never had a problem understanding any of them. Have you had your hearing checked recently?

@libbyannE   I assume you are addressing multiple people with your question, since certainly more than one person on this thread has answered she has trouble understanding Prince Harry.   (I think your question is unfair by the way)

Trusted Contributor

On a trip to England a while back,I am with you,couldn’t understand anybody while there!

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee 

I asked a simple, kind question of someone who has trouble understanding others. Why be offended? I don’t get it! I have just been through a slough of hearing issues with my mother and aunt, both of whom now wear hearing aids. The topic is top of mind for me. I had my own hearing checked after dealing with their issues re not being able to understand what people were saying. Volume wasn’t the issue; they just couldn't discern the specific words that were being said. 

Honored Contributor

We use closed-captioning when watching British shows.  It's not so much not understanding the accent but sometimes certain words are not as clear.

I really haven't noticed Prince Harry when he speaks; too busy trying to catch a glimpse of wee Archie.  LOL

I think he and William speak softly, too. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

https://youtu.be/UZBSQ41jDxQ  I like this guy on YouTube  that teaches how to do a convincing British accent.🥰 So “upper crusty”🤣

Fascinating, @Pqfan 

He even goes so far as to say if one grasps the pronunciation, one is less likely to be "lost" in understanding the spoken (out loud) words.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

@bewise wrote:

On a trip to England a while back,I am with you,couldn’t understand anybody while there!

---

When any of my UK relations visit, they say they cannot understand a word of  "Kentucky English"-- even worse for them if we travel farther south.

Honored Contributor

Normally, I do not have a problem with either Harry or Will when speaking.  I did not have a chance to listen to Harry's first speech about his new son.  In fact, I love their accent.  It is usually the common class of Brits that are hard to understand.

kindness is strength