Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else have trouble getting into their profile?

Sorry! I didn’t mean to post anything. I was just reading.
Trusted Contributor

I'm oddly not having the Profile access problem, since I usually have ALL of the same issues most do here. Changed my avatar there quickly.

Overall, though ... this site is very sluggish lately. There is even a delay or something with hearting posts. Have to click them several times to make them stick. 

Honored Contributor

They need to change their computer programming company. I don't think they know how. And I don't think the computer programmers know diddly.

Honored Contributor

I don't usually go there, but I tested it (just for you, Shoey!  Smiley Happy) and it took 47 seconds for the page to change.

That said, I have pretty fast internet (100+ mbps) and keep my computers very clean.    I don't have problems on any other website I frequent, as it takes a nanosecond to move to or load a page.

Seems odd, as the pages on this rest of the website load instantaneously.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I don't usually go there, but I tested it (just for you, Shoey!  Smiley Happy) and it took 47 seconds for the page to change.

That said, I have pretty fast internet (100+ mbps) and keep my computers very clean.    I don't have problems on any other website I frequent, as it takes a nanosecond to move to or load a page.

Seems odd, as the pages on this rest of the website load instantaneously.

Right. Imagine that. In other words, you'd better believe they'd make sure their "selling pages" are working properly.

Honored Contributor

Since no mods have responded to this issue I have to assume that the q wants this problem to remain.Maybe they don’t want us looking back over previous posts for a reason....maybe they need less mods that way.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

Since no mods have responded to this issue I have to assume that the q wants this problem to remain.Maybe they don’t want us looking back over previous posts for a reason....maybe they need less mods that way.

The mods can only report the problem to IT.  It's really up to IT to deal with it.  

I guess their way of dealing with it is to not deal with it.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Yes and it's been going on for quite some time. Despite numerous posts about it they appear in absolutely no hurry to fix it. As far as it goes, the overall  'performance' of the forums has been uneven and dicey now for some time, with accessing profiles being perhaps the most obvious glitch...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Thank goodness I happened to read this thread.  I’ve thought the problem was my slow internet and was almost going to cancel it.  I agree with @SelahG that this whole forum site has been sluggish at best for a while now.  And glitchy.  I haven’t even tried to log in and comment oftentimes because it’s been such a hassle.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Thank goodness I happened to read this thread.  I’ve thought the problem was my slow internet and was almost going to cancel it.  I agree with @SelahG that this whole forum site has been sluggish at best for a while now.  And glitchy.  I haven’t even tried to log in and comment oftentimes because it’s been such a hassle.

Instead of waiting and waiting, I go to the homepage and scroll down to 'forums and blogs' and get here right away. I'm not a good waiter.