Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else have trouble getting into their profile?

It takes a loooooong time. I stopped using it. Maybe that's what they want.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This problem has existed for 2 months now.   There's a website problem that involves the user file database, very likely the database indexing.     For that reason, some posters experience the problem and others do not.   We see a several-minute delay in accessing our profile, our saved images, adding a new image to our profile, or sometimes in posting or editing a comment.

I saw several threads pop up about it in early December, I agree with @x Hedge that this began sometime in November.    QVC's IT support staff used the excuse of "Black Friday traffic" but in my opinion they've never taken the time to investigate the problem.   (The QVC Social Team cannot resolve this...   all they can do is continue to foward our concerns to IT support.)

This is not related to our device, software, browser, cookies, ISP connection speed, etc., and clearly not related to website traffic -- it's here every day, even in the wee hours of the morning when few people are using the website.   It is a simple database glitch on the website, it would be very easy for the tech staff to find and fix, but it's being ignored in my opinion.   Until the IT department chooses to actually LOOK at it and resolve it, we're stuck with it.   

I posted on this thread, in "Q Talk" -- back in December -- and there are several other threads, I believe going back to November when posters began to experience the slowdown.

"Q Website Issues"

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Q-Talk/Q-Website-Issues/m-p/5130505#M122260

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Another thing that has been going on lately is that when  hit the post button,  nothing happens.... the page just freezes....     I have to close the window and reopen it.  Usually the post does show that it has posted.... but not always.  It just gets frustrating that this website is never working right. 

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

This problem has existed for 2 months now.   There's a website problem that involves the user file database, very likely the database indexing.     For that reason, some posters experience the problem and others do not.   We see a several-minute delay in accessing our profile, our saved images, adding a new image to our profile, or sometimes in posting or editing a comment.

I saw several threads pop up about it in early December, I agree with @x Hedge that this began sometime in November.    QVC's IT support staff used the excuse of "Black Friday traffic" but in my opinion they've never taken the time to investigate the problem.   (The QVC Social Team cannot resolve this...   all they can do is continue to foward our concerns to IT support.)

This is not related to our device, software, browser, cookies, etc., and clearly not related to website traffic -- it's here every day, even in the wee hours of the morning when few people are using the website.   It is a simple database glitch on the website, it would be very easy for the tech staff to find and fix, but it's being ignored in my opinion.   Until the IT department chooses to actually LOOK at it and resolve it, we're stuck with it.   

I posted on this thread, in "Q Talk" -- back in December -- but there are several others, I believe going back to November when posters began to experience the slowdown.

"Q Website Issues"

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Q-Talk/Q-Website-Issues/m-p/5130505#M122260

@dooBdoo   PLEASE post this attention IT  or someone else..... It is very well written and maybe they will look into what you wrote as you are so proficient with the English language( I admire that in youSmiley Happy)

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo It’s funny that I had no problems earlier..it started right before Christmas when I got a new iPad.I thought something was wrong with it but my son thought it was a website problem.I thought he was wrong but should have known the kid knows more than I do.I always like to see what you have posted and consider that you know what you are talking about or you don’t say it.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @SeaMaiden and @dex!❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Alice-QVC@Anjalena@Beth-QVC@Barbara-QVC@Cindy-QVC@Kim-QVC@Melvin-QVC@Paulette-QVC@Susan-QVC@Wayne-QVC )

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty@dooBdoo@dex@dex@SeaMaiden

me too! .... still

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

I have pretty much given up on checking on past posts. This has been going on for quite some time now.

Honored Contributor