Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else have issues with restaurant delivery services...

@Mz iMac wrote:

I only order delivery directly from the restaurant.  I am not paying a 3rd party too.  Not limited.  Why should I be?

Not everyone lives in an area where they have access to many restaurants that deliver themselves.  I do not.

There are very few restaurants in my area that deliver.  Our choice is to pick the order up yourself, which is what I do, or we have to use a third party.

I myself have never used a third party delivery service and I can count on 1 hand the number of times I've had any food delivered at all.  We always go pick up our food. 

Esteemed Contributor

I had an Uber Driver tell me once that for the customers sake and for the delivery guy's sake - customers should order food - and insist - that food arrive in closed, stapled containers/bags!!  It protects customers and the drivers!

He related several stones  - he had heard of how food delivery people 'snack' on the food on their way to delivery!!  It is easy to sneak a couple of fries or stick a finger in a gravy or dessert cup!!

And he also said he had heard stories from drivers that  were accused of eating the food, when they had not!!

Esteemed Contributor

I've never used a 3rd party and I can't have delivery because there's a minimum purchase and since it's just me, I don't meet it. But I order directly from restaurant and pick up curbside.

Honored Contributor

@denisemb   The worse thing that happened to me with Doordash was the driver would not come up to my apt. with the food and he gave it to someone on the 1st floor who stole my food.  That is really pathetic.  I can't believe the driver was that dumb.

kindness is strength