Respected Contributor

Anyone else have issues with restaurant delivery services...

...like DoorDash, Grubhub, Uber Eats?  Any recommendations?

I realize it can greatly vary by area, but my DoorDash has been a nightmare.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone else have issues with restaurant delivery services...

I've never experienced any problems with Door Dash, and I've ordered a lot.

What problems are you experiencing, @denisemb ?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Contributor

Sorry I don't do restaurant orders how okd is food recooking prior days staying free of contamination I am okd school eat what I buy and cook very picky has to be organic now and from a good market and USA local 

Respected Contributor

Two in two orders.  1st was rather innocuous, and did a live chat to see what I did wrong as I ordered an ordinary Arby's roast beef sandwich.  Said it was served with Arby's or Horsey sauce.  Looked at the drop-down additions & it listed about 10-12, but not A or H sauce.  Figured it was automatically added.

Rep said to request under "Special Instructions"  Did a test and our store said they are unable to do Special Instructions.  Figured, "oh, well".

Started receiving a bunch of emails "Was your problem solved?"  No, and described again.  Said I had thrown out my dry sandwich.

In the meantime, ordered KFC to be delivered between 3:00-3:30 pm.  Delivered at 2:35.  As we live in FL where Covid-19 is zooming, we go through a lot for social distancing.  (Open garage door, open trunk, and request driver to deposit there.) 25 minutes early was not great from guy with no mask or gloves.

Figured it was over as we'd been charged for both orders.  Nope, received an UPDATE to our KFC order - Full amount refunding $3.21, not just a refund for $3.21.  Another "chat" re: if I was going to be charged $27+ in addition to the other I'd already been charged.  A few more emails if we were satisfied (but none addressing that issue).

Next rec'd an email asking how I'd prefer to handle this.

"By totally deleting my acct. & never contacting me again."  If they charge my bank acct. again, I'll declare fraud.

Hey, I've used GrubHub, Instacart & Walmart pick-up numerous times and NEVER had any issues.  Weird.

Denise
Respected Contributor

I saw one poster said she only orders from restaurants who do their own delivery.  It makes sense but would be limiting.

Honored Contributor

@KarenQVC 

That might of been me, I only order from I have eaten in and know the food, and that do their own delivery, food is expensive enough I do not want added fees, I do not feel at all limited.

@KarenQVC wrote:

I saw one poster said she only orders from restaurants who do their own delivery.  It makes sense but would be limiting.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

The only delivery service I have had problems with is Postmates. Customer service and late deli run make me think it's being run by QVC. I'm got the completely wrong order and they refunded $3 out of the $14. Grubhub has consistency been very reliable and quick out of all of them 

Honored Contributor

I haven't ordered prepared food delivery often, occasionally just pizza... When I do order I try to stick with places that deliver their own food and avoid the delivery services. I did use Door Dash once for grocery delivery and the order was badly messed up. An entire bag of food was left behind. They blamed it on the store, which might be true, who knows. Regardless, I had to contact the store for a sizable refund, which they handled without a problem. Still, I was left without the food I'd ordered and had to reorder and wait for delivery from elsewhere.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never order but my neighbor does. About a week ago someone knocked on my door and left a food order. When I opened the door and saw it, I caught the driver and told her it was not my order. She was from Door Dash and said she already swiped delivered. She couldn't go back and find the correct apartment number.  I knocked on my next door neighbor 's door and it was her order. The driver handed her the order and thanked me as she drove off. 

Honored Contributor

I only order delivery directly from the restaurant.  I am not paying a 3rd party too.  Not limited.  Why should I be?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif