Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else fighting for people to do their jobs every day?

I agree that if the customer service is not there, I will shop elsewhere.  So far, I have had outstanding service from Amazon.  I have had maybe 3 situations when one of their vendors either sent me the wrong thing or it was defective.  They immediately refunded me and made it right.

On the other hand, I just quit the Allure Beauty Box.  I got a subscription and I seem to continually get the box much later than I should.  In Nov, I didn't get it at all.  I emailed them.  They said they were resending.  Three weeks later, I emailed again.  Oh sorry, it wasn't sent, but it would be now.  Three weeks later same thing.  I said I wanted them to extend my subscription for a month.  Oh - can't do that , but since we no longer have the Nov box, we will send you a refund.  After several more emails, I actually did get a one month's refund (I was pleasantly  surprised at this point.)  

So now my subscription is up and they want me to renew.  Said no thanks.  They can't understand why - and keep emailing me to re-up.  I delete the emails.  I liked the box, but the aggravation just isn't worth it to me.

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer  This is about the third or fourth time I've had to chase down Ebates to do their job.  I am done.  I will cash my $5 check and wait for the next one for what I already have and then I am also bending over for them to kiss it.  

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Isobel Archer  This is about the third or fourth time I've had to chase down Ebates to do their job.  I am done.  I will cash my $5 check and wait for the next one for what I already have and then I am also bending over for them to kiss it.  

I never used ebates, but I use MrRebates all the time and have never had a problem.  Just a thought.

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

I never used ebates, but I use MrRebates all the time and have never had a problem.  Just a thought.

@Isobel Archer  Done!

Honored Contributor

OMG.   I just started a thread in Home about being wary of shopping with Houzz unless you are positively sure you will keep the item.

They seem clueless about processing returns.

They want me to send them a picture of what I ordered.  So far, and it's been ten days, they haven't yet sent me the return authorization or where to send it back to.  

I've warned them they have only a few hours before I report them to the BBB.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach  Such a shame companies have to be threatened to honor their own policies.  Be careful they aren't stalling to move you past a return window.  I hate to even type that but you just have to watch everything nowadays.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @Laura14.  Supposedly their window is 30 days.  I have everything on email so it's all documented.   

Frankly, I just don't get their reluctance, but so be it.  They bring it upon themselves.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14

Guess who just called me?

A Houzz representative just called to let me know she issued me a full refund and in addition, they are not asking me to send back the door mat.  (I think I may donate it or something.)  They're also offering me a 10% coupon for future use.  (It is not something I'm chomping at the bit to use, as you might imagine.)

I'm going to update my little thread over in Home, but it still is an odd thing why they thought a photo of the item was going to make a difference.  

Honored Contributor

I think that was the biggest reason why I decided to retire. I got so tired of correcting mistakes other people made or they would do a job half a s s and I would have to go back and do what should have been done. They did not want to do the job correctly because they didn't listen and understand what needed to be done or they didn't want to take the time and effort to do the job correctly. 

They did what was quick and easy but not necessarily right. But they had plenty of time to be texting their friends, buying stuff on line or checking things out on line. Their phone were always either in their hands or right in front of them.

I always thought I would work well past 65 because I really did enjoy working. But the attitude of my coworkers slowly changed and it was not longer a pleasure to go to work.

I understand your frustration.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach Congratulations!  You go girl!  

@drizzellla I keep trying to figure out if I can make it until I am eligible for at least my 401k.  I am so with you!