Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone else fighting for people to do their jobs every day?

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

@Laura14- it seems like every other day I am going through it and as I get older I have no patience for nonsense.   I just had a dispute with my parent's bank as POA for the past ten years,  I eventually got so fed up with the incompetence after writing several letters to the corporate office since September 2017 I reported them to the Better Business Bureau.

I check my accounts all the time as soon as you stop something happens.

INCOMPETENCE...That's the word I have found myself using a lot over the years.  I honestly wonder how some people keep their jobs.  I wonder how some companies stay in business with the incompetence they allow their employees to get away with. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Q4u  Good for you for taking that advice.  I'm telling you I am to that point. You can't trust anything anymore.

@qvcaddition  We have had several millenials quit and then say never mind and then quit and then demand that to keep them we have to pay them a salary that our generations paid our dues first to earn. 

Our GM actually told me about his conversation with our little millenial and her demands and how she was going to move on to someone who would pay her what she wanted.  He told her he was going to give her his resume so the new employer could hire him too.  LOL 

And this is who is going to take care of all of us in our old age.  Smiley Surprised  Frankly I am getting way tired of doing their job that they have so many finanicial perk demands for especially when I'm paying the premiums that pay for that.  Not how a job is supposed to work!  You do the work and then get the paycheck.  Anyone remember that world?  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14  All. The. Time.

What irks me is that "Sorry for the inconvenience" is the pat answer any time THEY do something wrong. I'm just....so over it. I simply expect anything that needs to be done to NOT be done so I either do it myself or engage in constant follow up and GET NAMES. 

Honored Contributor

‘Fighting?’

Nope.

Just don’t let things ‘get’ to me.  

It’s taken me 58 long years to figure that out.

You work it, you fix it, you move on.

Some people live with one foot hanging off the cliff.

They can’t admit it but drama/contention is what they crave.

0C6B8C95-490D-4A86-944C-C7C417D97E81.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Sometimes I feel the same way.  I have found that if I get their name and end the call with "thank you (whatever their name is), I appreciate your help", I get better results. 

One, it lets them know that I know their name and could follow up if need be to who dropped the ball, and two, being grateful for their help might motivate them to actually do what they have promised to do.

If there is a problem and you have the name of the person it really helps to get it resolved.  At this point in my life, if a company is too frustrating to deal with, I take my money elsewhere.

I actually had a bank that I had an account with for 35+ years, went in to cancel, and the rep NEVER even asked me why I was leaving their bank.  I then continued to get bank statements, I called and told them I cancelled and they wanted me to drive down to their bank and cancel again.   I spoke to a manager (since why would I have to drive down to fix their error) and cancelled again (over the phone), and yet the statements (with zero balance), keep coming.  Just got another one a couple of weeks ago.  There is no money in that account, and since I was a founding member when they opened the bank, there are no fees.  I figure if they want to waste their time sending me statements, I will just delete.  So, I think everyone deals with incompetence in their lives...

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

Sometimes I feel the same way.  I have found that if I get their name and end the call with "thank you (whatever their name is), I appreciate your help", I get better results. 

One, it lets them know that I know their name and could follow up if need be to who dropped the ball, and two, being grateful for their help might motivate them to actually do what they have promised to do.

If there is a problem and you have the name of the person it really helps to get it resolved.  At this point in my life, if a company is too frustrating to deal with, I take my money elsewhere.

I actually had a bank that I had an account with for 35+ years, went in to cancel, and the rep NEVER even asked me why I was leaving their bank.  I then continued to get bank statements, I called and told them I cancelled and they wanted me to drive down to their bank and cancel again.   I spoke to a manager (since why would I have to drive down to fix their error) and cancelled again (over the phone), and yet the statements (with zero balance), keep coming.  Just got another one a couple of weeks ago.  There is no money in that account, and since I was a founding member when they opened the bank, there are no fees.  I figure if they want to waste their time sending me statements, I will just delete.  So, I think everyone deals with incompetence in their lives...

@CAcableGirl2 yes exactly - we ALL deal with incompetence of our lives.  It's how we each deal with it efficiently (or let it affect and consume us).  JMO

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14, the other day, I heard someone say: "It's a sign of the times".  That so it's on the nose.  That is so sorry to hear.  What's coming next, you know?  It's a shame we have to do other people's jobs too. When I was tending to things after my folk's passed, I had to call so many back in followups, and tracking down things, there was the bank, the mortgage company, the nursing home, I mean, there's a lot of people to tend to each day, but come on............I totally understand!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is not about reaction although I get the point. And if you care, I was polite in every single one of my interactions. I've done customer service for over 25 years.  I know how to behave and get results.  

My frustration is in not finding someone like me who actually did anything about the errors I brought to their attention.  And it was three separate companies in a row within 6 weeks. 

That's a problem and, not speaking up about it, only makes it worse and leads to a new normal that I am not yet willing to accept as a consumer. 

People aka companies live down to your expectations and if we still required accountability and personal responsibility, we'd have a better marketplace and less stressful lives. 

As I told my credit card bank, what happens if I really need you?  This is a human error that should have been fixed in two seconds.  What happens if the next time I have my card stolen and/or fraud? Is that going to be resolved in the criminal's favor because it's not worth your time to investigate either? 

We all need to think about things like that because the odds are getting greater it's going to happen and I want to be sure I have a financial partner who is helping me and not the other side because no one wants to be bothered to do their job.  

I can and I will move my business elsewhere because it is a principle I am willing to uphold.  It's a shame it's getting harder and harder to find a company worthy to give it to.     

Honored Contributor

So I got the response from Ebates about not crediting my account even with their confirmation email that I was due and followed the rules set forth by their website.

Expedia has never given them their kickback but they are being gracious and crediting me anyway.  Smiley Surprised 

How thoughtful of you!  

I will never use Ebates again. 

They even closed the email with "in the future any more cash inquiries may be submitted to the store first which can take a while to resolve." 

I suppose this means even if I do everything right just like this time, if someone else doesn't do their job (notice a theme here?), I (your customer!) will pay for it or not be paid for it as is the case.

And they had the audacity to link to their membership on how to join (um, already a member obviously) and their exclusion policy which has nothing to do with my issue, at all.  

I am going to go have a liquid (lots of liquor) lunch! 

I am half tempted to write back and ask for the link on deleting my membership just to make it official.  

Respected Contributor

I find myself just so darn grateful when someone does a GOOD job that I try and go out of my way to thank them. Last week our Ford dealer was super (no charge!!!!) and also we got a refund in the mail from our cable co.(like they promised). I let DH do the blah blah on the phone with them. He's smoooooooth and always get them to help him.....me they put on hold forever. He says it's my sweet attitude......phooey.