Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else feel this way ??

Absolutely! I'm envious of all who keep a spotless home but in my retirement, I decided my reading came first. I belong to 3 online libraries, get emails from two sites a day about free books from Amazon, and just discovered some of the series I read are available thru Hoopla when I can't find them elsewhere. 

Honored Contributor

@Texas Gray Wolf wrote:

This is my daily cleaning schedule from Heloise:

Monday:  (Bathrooms):  Deep clean sinks,toliets/tubs/showers.

Tuesday:  (Kitchen):  Tackle the fridge and throw out spoiled foods.  Wipe out the microwave.  Clean floors.

Wednesday:  (Living Room):  Thorough dusting and vacumming.  Flip couch cushions, pick up newspapers and clutter.

Thursday:  (Bedrooms):  Change the sheets.  Dust and clean the floors.

Friday:  (General):  Pickup day throughout house.

Saturday:  (Laundry):  Wash/Dry clothes.  Hang up/Fold up.

Sunday:  No housework.

IMO, Heloise is an over-achiever.... 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

I'm exhausted, just reading your schedule!

Trusted Contributor

I love this post.  I feel EXACTLY like that.  

I just have zero motivation.  I had a new A/C put in a few weeks ago and I worried that one of the techs would ask to use my bathroom.  They were ready to leave and one guy asked.  They were nice guys.  I couldn't say no.  But I was embarrassed. 

I work 40+ hours a week and am exhausted when I get home.  I have no energy to do any household chores, except I try to clean my kitchen each night.

On the weekends, especially in the hot summer, I don't feel like it, I'm wiped out.  I do exercise, take a walk early in the morning on weekends, but when I come home, the thought of vacuuming or doing an extensive cleaning just turns me off. 

I live alone, I see my mess, no one else does.   I guess we shouldn't feel guilty.   Some days it's a feat if I can get to bed before I land on the couch without washing my face or brushing my teeth. 

What I'd do for some hearty motivation.

Honored Contributor

That used to describe me to a T but I recently got a twice weekly housecleaning service -- lol.  Love it.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Texas Gray Wolf wrote:

This is my daily cleaning schedule from Heloise:

Monday:  (Bathrooms):  Deep clean sinks,toliets/tubs/showers.

Tuesday:  (Kitchen):  Tackle the fridge and throw out spoiled foods.  Wipe out the microwave.  Clean floors.

Wednesday:  (Living Room):  Thorough dusting and vacumming.  Flip couch cushions, pick up newspapers and clutter.

Thursday:  (Bedrooms):  Change the sheets.  Dust and clean the floors.

Friday:  (General):  Pickup day throughout house.

Saturday:  (Laundry):  Wash/Dry clothes.  Hang up/Fold up.

Sunday:  No housework.

IMO, Heloise is an over-achiever.... 

@maximillian 

The first part was quoting another poster's post. My comment was that, "IMO, Heloise was an over achiever"...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

Got it!  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

That used to describe me to a T but I recently got a twice weekly housecleaning service -- lol.  Love it.

@tansy 

You're my kind of girl...LOL!  I have a housekeeper, too and she does such a great job.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Too often! LOL!

Honored Contributor

Yeah, for sure.  I often feel this way.  I look for reasons and excuses why I can't or shouldn't do housework.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin