Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else dislike Fall and all that it Entails?

@just bee.....thanks for the beautiful pictures.  Last weekend was the balloon race here.....  Some of them went over our area and could see them out the backdoor to the apartment building.  It always happens here every year at this time.  

Respected Contributor

Fall is my very favorite season.  I love the colors of the leaves and the mums and asters that bloom and the crispness in the air.   Love the clothes -my favorites.  I;m looking forward to the first frost to help with my allergies..  

I like Summer but am glad it is not our only season.  The 80's are OK but not the 90's!.  I could never live in the South.   For the last few years tho it seems that Summer hangs on into October shortening Fall. 

We are only a week away from October and I'm still wearing summer clothes.  I want Fall!  I'm thinking today about putting my summer tops away and switching out to my fall/winter ones.  Even tho it is soon October, weather wise it's too early to put away capris and summer pants for fall/winter. Seems like I used to have the switch over done by mid Sepltember.  I think our weather is changing.

I don't mind Winter if it doesn't hang on too long.  I even like the snow (but not the ice).    We have Christmas to look forward to; Then January may be a cold, snowy month, but it is pretty with blue skies and sun and the snow.  February is short then we are supposed to go into the Spring, but we have to get past March.

March is my least favorite month; cold, rainy, windy, drab and gloomy and much too long!

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@just bee.....thanks for the beautiful pictures.  Last weekend was the balloon race here.....  Some of them went over our area and could see them out the backdoor to the apartment building.  It always happens here every year at this time.  

@ShowMe

Just thirteen days, eighteen hours and thirty-nine minutes 'til Balloon Fiesta! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@SunValley.......love your outlook on life and the 4 seasons.  You go girl.  Enjoy.

Esteemed Contributor

In the order of likes: Winter, Fall, Spring.  Like Summer the least.  Too hot.

Honored Contributor

How can anyone dislike Fall....lol   Halloween isn't all there is to Fall...lol  No one has to buy into Halloween, it's really just a silly little fun thing that is mostly for kids.  It's a real holiday.  At some point, retailers puffed it up into something they could make money off and some people just go where retailers tell them to go.  If someone is selling it,  they will buy it.  Still, it's easy to ignore it.  I did a lot of Fall decorating this year, more than in past years.  It's harvest theme.  Pumpkins, gourds, cornicopias, fall leaves.  I love the way it looks.  It's a little over cast today but it's cool and crisp and it feels like Fall.  I can't wait until the trees change color.  I can't wait for sweaters and boots.  Next week we are going to take a long drive to our favorite farm stand for apples.  It will be apples and apple pies apple butter.

Respected Contributor

Fall is the best, I look forward to all the fun activities & trees changing colors. I dread Summer, it's too hot & humid so stuck indoors with the AC.

Honored Contributor

Not me!!

I live in south coastal GA, where it's still in the 90's and the humdity is almost as high.

Bring on fall, as that's 70's for us!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

Nope, my favorite season followed by Winter and Spring, detest Summer!   Heart

Honored Contributor

september and October are lovely, but I hate the early darkness,

Love Thanksgiving,

but sort sick of hearing about Christmas nonstop

once the Winter solstice I start counting the days till the vernal equinox.