Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else dislike Fall and all that it Entails?

When I was young I lived for summers.  My family had a lake house and we spent our summers there for many years.  I had friends and loved every minute of it and am forever grateful to my parents for providing such a haven.  

Now I am older and those wonderful summers are cherished memories.  I still have friends I met and I still have the house which I rent.  But for me the hot humid weather is exhausting and holds me back.  I do not feel the air is healthy and I can see why people with respiratory illnesses are affected.  I love Fall, I love the cooler weather number one, the environment, the feelings of all that Autumn brings.  I am motivated to do what I do not do in the hot weather.  I feel happier and energetic.  

I do not mind it getting dark earlier either, I have plenty to keep me busy inside. The winter doesn't bother me except for one big problem, the snow and ice.  That I hate because I can't drive in bad weather and I am afraid of a fall if icy. 

Just my feelings, all seasons have good and bad and we should just enjoy each and every day as it comes.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are things I love and things that I dislike about all four seasons, but I wouldn't rush one by or skip it for anything. I dislike the lessening hours of daylight and all the pumpkin/pumpkin spice flavored junk that people keep trying to feed me. But I love the fall colors, the cooler temps and the uncrowded golf courses. And hopefully, I'll have headed south before the first snow flies! Time is precious, and even more so the older I get. I'm not going to waste it complaining about things I can't do anything about like the change in seasons or weather. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

I live in the desert, so fall is lovely here. Despite people thinking we don't have 4 seasons, we do. They are just more subtle than other areas of the country.

Fall brings cooler temps after a hot summer. When you've had 110 degrees, the high 80s and 90s feel wonderful.

I I decorate more for fall than even holiday. Love the horror movies that come out this time of year and love the mystery and mysticism of Halloween.

We plant our flowers in the fall so we have rioting color through the winter and early spring.

Winter can get chilly and I like it for the month of December only. Then I'm done! 😁

Spring brings the warmth back and the desert blooms.

Respected Contributor

My favorite season.

Respected Contributor

@Ladylaughsalot wrote:

Sorry, but I love Autumn. It’s my favorite season; the air is crisp and cool, the air even smells different. I love the feel and sound of leaves 🍁  crunching beneath my feet. DH and I married in Autumn, because we both love it so much.

My dh and I also married in autumn, Moondance by Van Morrison is our song.

Honored Contributor

I love living in a place with 4 seasons. I'm not crazy about shoveling snow , high humidity, bugs, and weather extremes. By the same token each seaso has beautiful days and I would miss doing without any of them. 🍁☔️🌞☃️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, I do not dislike fall.  Here in Missouri we are so lucky to have all 4 seasons of the year.  Yes, all the seasons have their pros and cons, but that is all good too.

Spring brings out the beauty of the trees that have flowers, the flowers coming up from the ground are beautiful, the air is clean, and then there is the rain that comes to help the flowers and grass.  The air feels so fresh and clean.  

Summer can be tough on some folks.  The heat is what gets to me.  If I get too hot, I some times feel sick to my stomach.  And don't care for the sweat that comes with the really hot temps.  But do like the foods of summer.  Salads are wonderful to make and eat.  Vegetables are plentiful.  

Fall is a wonderful season.  The trees are looking tired and are ready to give us the beautiful colors.  As I  am sitting here right now, I can see the beautiful trees across the road, and some are starting to change their color.  It is wonderful to be able to open the windows and let that cool air come in during the day, and then close them to keep out the chill of the night.  Really enjoyed raking the leaves, bagging them up and getting them out to the curb to be picked up.  Then the next morning the ground would be covered with more leaves.  Enjoy the clothes that come with fall.  Something about the colors of fall in so many things.

Yes, winter can be a challenge for many of us.  As we get older, we find that we are home more and that can be depressing for some folks.  But, there is nothing prettier than the first snowfall of the season.  I am on a walker now, and live in an apartment, so getting out to my car can really be a challenge for me.  The sun doesn't hit the area where I park my car, so do spend a lot of time at home.  Sleet and freezing rain can be very dangerous, but we need to be cautious.....don't want to fall.  When I owned my own home, loved to shovel the snow.  Even though it was tiring, it was a good tired.  Took my time and didn't try to get it all done at the same time.  Would take breaks to rest and warm up, and then go back out out to do more.  Then would go in and just enjoy the beauty of the snow from inside.  Can always find something to do to keep me busy.

Yes, we are blessed to have all 4 seasons here.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@buyornot wrote:

It's my least favorite season and everyone loves it so Smiley Sad  Halloween is also my least favorite and when and why did it get so overblown???  I am a Summer person...I also hate the constant darkness!!!

I feel just like you @buyornot ! I wonder every year why people go on and on about the wonders of Fall. Yes, I live where the Fall color season is phenominal. People come here from all over to see the beautiful colors. But it 's too short a season, before you know it, it's snowing and we are in the dead of the long winter months. Also I guess we are the only ones here that have a LOT of work to do every Fall to get ready for winter. Raking the tons of leaves for weeks, taking out our boat and winterizing, taking out our jet skis and winterizing, taking out our complete dock and boat hoists and cleaning, etc. Not even mentioning our gardening we do to ready everything for the long cold winter. And yes, we will still be raking the many, many leaves that fall from those beautifully colored trees you all love every Fall season. UGH! Give me Summer any time. I live for the Summer months completely. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

The cranes!  The cranes!

Sandias

Sandias

ABQ Balloon Fiesta

Autumn has always been my favorite season.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I can always find things about each season I dread or dislike and it’s not always possible to ignore them or wish them away. I live in a four season area and have come to appreciate them all. Over the years, depending on where I lived, my age, and circumstances, I have rotated my choice of favorite season. There is magic for me in every season.

I love fall as it has always been to me a celebration of bounty and new opportunities, closely tied to the start of a new school year and a fresh beginning. The colors are vibrant, air is refreshing, and I get a kick out of the fun of Halloween and the grins on kid’s faces.

At one time I disliked the long dark days of winter, but now I look forward to nesting, filling my home with cheerful candles and the glow of a fireplace, no more fretting over weeding the garden and mowing, and I love planning the family gatherings whether it be Sunday football or a holiday feast.

Spring means I can open the windows, give everything a good scrub, revel in the return of blooms, and enjoy a change in wardrobe. Bunnies, chicks, and fancy eggs make their appearance!

Summer used to be my favorite until I could no longer enjoy being in the heat. I spent a few summers dreading everything, but decided this summer to make a better effort to enjoy what I could. When I quit worrying about what I could no longer do and focused on what I could, it was a much happier season for me. I missed an event or two, but overall it has been good. I work in the cooler morning to avoid the heat, wear a cooling neck wrap if outside for a few hours, and frankly let folks I need some shade and a cool drink with no apologies.

Whatever season you enjoy, I wish you many of them!