Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else dislike Fall and all that it Entails?

No, I don't hate Fall.  I have great memories of the Fall.  I live in the midwest and the change of the season's, for me, is variety and I like the variety.

Trusted Contributor

I LOVE Fall!  The cooler air.  The changing leaves.  The anticipation of the holidays.  

I also think I'm part bear, because I love the hibernation of winter.  I like the shorter, colder days.  I snuggle up inside and feel all cozy.  Unlike summer, where I stay inside because it's too hot and humid outside.

I also like the winter weather...except for ice.  My absolute favorite days....which we don't get too many of.....are COLD, sunny days.  Smiley Very Happy

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@seaBreeze wrote:

I thought only bats did not like extra daylight~?    Now I've heard everything.

Guess it's good to have now heard everything... but no, not only bats... Not everyone is a summer person and, batten down the hatches, but not everyone is a beach person either... As for daylight, I like the cycle... Longer days then shorter ones... If every day year around offered more hours of sunlight, I don't think I'd appreciate those first days when spring segues into summer quite as much... Likewise, if all the days were shorter, I wouldn't appreciate the changes that occur with the fall equinox as much... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Autumn is reflective and life slow down. Travel costs drop so we like to travel in autumn. However, it's the gateway season to hectic holidays and cold weather. Not good IMO.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

Nope,can’t relate....I love fall, wish it lasted longer....I am not a summer person, could never live where there isn’t four seasons. Could never live where it’s warm all the time.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

I love autumn, such as it is in California, lol.  But I start to get anxious around now as the pressure of thanksgiving, christmas and all the demands tht are thrust my way.  I always wind up doing much of the holidays.  I am no martha stewart.  I hate entertaining, cooking and all that ..  After 45 years of doing it, I find no fun in it.  I also can never go anywhere or make plans for any of these holidays due to two family members.  Pretty soon I will be too old to actually enjoy the holidays without the stress, work and money demands. Just my feelings, and I am sticking to it.

but as for autumn I do love it.  The weather, the beauty.  I love summer as well.  We really dont have a true spring here,

Honored Contributor

I just got most of my fall decor set out today.  I love it...the colors look so rich and pretty.  Will buy pumpkins this week and finish up the outdoor decor.  

I don't dislike any season...enjoy changing with the seasons.  

Honored Contributor

I used to like fall and now I dread seeing it because of the darkness.  It really depresses me.

I love summer!  I really hate spring because it is tornado season and I live in the middle of tornado alley.  Winter is blah and means spring is next.

Regular Contributor

I hate to see all of my pretty flowers dies. The days getting shorter and everything outside lookin dismal.

Esteemed Contributor

I love everything about fall except for Halloween and winter is right behind it
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown