Valued Contributor

Anyone buy any good quality towels from QVC?

We recently did a slight remodel to our guest bathroom and I'd like to buy some new towels. I had a disappointing day yesterday trying to shop for some locally. It used to be you could always find nice quality towels but for some reason, not so much anymore it seems. I was even disappointed in our Bed Bath and Beyond, a department store, TJ Maxx, and Marshals yesterday.

So I wondered if any of you have had any luck buying nice QUALITY COTTON towels from QVC? (Some of their towels don't have reviews). TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone buy any good quality towels from QVC?

We recently stayed in a hotel with towels from The Turkish Towel Company that were awesome. I looked them up and the bath towels were $38! Um, not that awesome.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@cimeranrose wrote:

We recently did a slight remodel to our guest bathroom and I'd like to buy some new towels. I had a disappointing day yesterday trying to shop for some locally. It used to be you could always find nice quality towels but for some reason, not so much anymore it seems. I was even disappointed in our Bed Bath and Beyond, a department store, TJ Maxx, and Marshals yesterday.

So I wondered if any of you have had any luck buying nice QUALITY COTTON towels from QVC? (Some of their towels don't have reviews). TIA

@cimeranrose Thirty years ago I got great ones.  Now?  I wouldn't risk it.  Too many problems with quality, shipping and returns.

Honored Contributor

@cimeranrose  I was going to mention BBB.  I like "over sized" towels.  I found the perfect brand for my taste - Wamsutta.  Towels stays soft after many washings.  I purchased them last year.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I like the Liz Claiborne towels at jc penny.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I got two different sets last year, one Northern Nights and one Farm to Table. Neither look to be available now but they're very nice, heavy, thick 100% cotton large towels. 

Valued Contributor

@MamaWick  Did the towels dry after use?  I recently paid a lot of money for towels from Frontgate.  I had to put them in the dryer after I used them or they would never dry.  My husband loves them.  I am back to using our old towels.

Valued Contributor

I like Wamsutta towels too @Mz iMac . I used to buy them at BBB but apparently BBB doesn't carry them anymore. Several months ago, or maybe even last year, I asked about them at our BBB and the clerk told me BBB doesn't have a contract with Wamsutta anymore. I was disappointed because I really liked their towels.

Esteemed Contributor

I was in need for a few more hand towels and got a set of 4 by the Scott brothers.  They are really nice, very substantial and big.  They were on clearance and I don't know what they have in store right now.

Super Contributor

I buy my towels at JCPenney. I buy their brand. Our family doesn't like the plush towels, and I don't like plush because they take too long to dry. However, I get great quality towels at JCP. I've had some for years, and they still look great after many washings and dryings. 

I have bought some towels at Kohls, and they are good. I also buy from Sobel Westex. I haven't bought any towels from them, but I buy my family's pillows from there. The absolute best pillows. Sobel Westex has their sheets, towels, and pillows in luxury hotels. We stayed at a very nice hotel several years ago, and that's how I found out about Sobel Westex. Those were the best sheets and pillows we ever slept on, in our opinion.