Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone a little on edge?

@lovesrecess  Why is it "a bit cavalier for anyone to say they are just going about their business" if it is the truth. Would you prefer they lie? We all handle things differently. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone a little on edge?at is

@software wrote:

I'm not on edge and I'm in a risk group

All these cancellations & "social distancing" is hurting more people than helping.

Really? Where is your evidence and basis for this statement other than your 'feelings'?

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Trusted Contributor

@queendiva  ..... I really like your comment "my Faith is greater than my Fear". I feel the same.

Frequent Contributor

Nope.  Can't believe the panic.  Hypochondriac paradise.

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh Not a bit concerned.  If I were in poor health, somebody in my family was in poor health or elderly I'd be concerned.  

None of the above, zero concern.  

Respected Contributor

As I have aged I believe in controlling what you can control   by following recommendations and instructions etc. and the rest let go as out of our hands. I do see an end through the tunnel and a bright light. Many things in life are out of our control. 

I think if I were in Britain during WWII I would have been on edge with air raids, bombing destruction, food  shortages 5oz. of meat a week per person etc. and having to be in the dark at night,with  blackened windows. This went on for years and even in the late 40s  after the war ,still shortages. Every bit of land was used to help grow food.  People in the cities had it worse huddling in  crowded air raid shelters. People really rallied together and shared. 

Super Contributor

I am more than a little on edge. At times, I have been in full on panic mode. The past few months before this began my anxiety and depression were bad but this crisis has really made me worse. My state has the highest # of cases in the country right now. Unknown and uncertain outcomes are tough for me to handle which makes me feel all the worse. I am also geniunely concerned for this country and what things will be like after the crisis is over.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The jam-packed grocery store yesterday got me to feeling uneasy for sure.  The meat selection was pitiful.  I expected the paper goods and sanitizing products shelves to be empty, but meat and frozen vegetables?  I stopped by a second market to see if their meat counter was stocked; however, the lines to check out were so long I decided to leave.

My sons/DILs are expressing concern and checking in with me frequently, and while I appreciate that and realize I am lucky, that is unnerving too😬

I have goldie oldies playing and plan an afternoon of reading.  Might take a short drive later.

Honored Contributor

No.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Not at all.  I am taking the precautions they recommend and sitting by the pool enjoying 88 and sunny skies.  No seats available! Lots of visitors and kids ...

A perfect day 🌴☀️