Super Contributor

Re: Anyone a little on edge?

No, it doesn't bother me at all. Often, I go around 3 weeks without leaving the house anyway. We shop online for food, and my BF picks it up. I never go into stores, I have QVC, Amazon, etc. I'm fine. What we don't understand is, why the TP? Is there a shortage? 

Honored Contributor

Feeling stressed and very guilty because I’m not a work on my unit, helping my colleagues. 😢 I’m a nurse on medical leave.
Trusted Contributor

No. Firm believer in what will be will be.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not really.  I am stocked up on groceries and necessary items, and don't plan on going anywhere until things get better.  If I need groceries I will go in the early morning hours to avoid the most people.  Other than that, thank goodness there is nowhere else I HAVE to go.

If I get sick...then yes, I will definitely be on edge!  But I'm not going to borrow trouble now...just going to stay calm and at home.  

Praying each day for health and safety for my loved ones and the entire world.

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner  ..... I am one of those not concerned. With my husband's illness and eventual death I have been to he-- and back. I was strong enough to survive the loss of the most important person to me and I am strong enough to survive this (if it is meant to be). My faith will guide me where I need to be guided. While we can all take precautions in the long run it is not our final decision. As I said, what will be will be.

Honored Contributor

I was on edge when a lot of people were joking and ignoring the experts.

Tom Hanks having been exposed to the virus and the NBA canceling games seems to have been a turning point that finally got everyone's attention. (I am not glad about either of these! I wish neither had happened.) So I'm less on edge because it seems like more people are taking the issue seriously.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh 

Not at all. If I spent all day watching cable news and not going about my normal routine yes. But being stressed changes nothing. I'm very comfortable being out and interacting with people. 

Honored Contributor

I think it is unkind and a bit cavalier for anyone to say they are just going about their business and not the least bit concerned in response to those who are uneasy about everything going on. We have plenty of provisions and thank goodness I am normally stocked up on meds, etc. my only concern is getting refills on my prescription meds. They won’t do them by mail so I have to go pick them up. Was unable to get a 60 day supply via insurance. They won’t approve it. It is supposed to be rainy and cloudy all week so I don’t mind staying at home. Great time to catch up on some things and thank goodness for the internet....our link to the outside world!
Honored Contributor

The DOW closed way up yesterday...I think if the news conference had been an hour earlier it would have given the market more time to respond even more positively. I expect it to open strong on Monday. Have tried to keep DH from seeing the bad numbers...it just is what it is...but it will rebound.
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh : Not on edge at all for myself. My Faith is greater than my Fear.

I got through the months that DS was deployed in Afghanistan. Covid-19 does not bother me. Besides, I am a homebody and enjoy being at home with my dog and a stack of library books. Plan to cook and bake as well.

I once heard it said: worry is like a rocking chair- it does not get you anywhere, it just gives you something to do. I also choose to limit my exposure to the news and anything virus-related on social media.

Like you, I ran 3 quick local errands early this morning when few people were out & about. I will run to the grocery store around dinnertime for a handful of items hoping there will be fewer people there at that hour. I still plan to attend Mass tomorrow morning as well as collect on my birthday dinner from DS & DDIL at a very small local tavern I have been looking forward to trying. I assume they will be open. If not, plenty of food here.