Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone a little on edge?

@golding76 Ah, yes. Chocolate can be a great temporary antidote Woman Wink.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tried to be nice and supportive and my post was taken way off base.

Never again.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

What makes me uneasy or "on edge" are those people who are quite blase about this, stating that they just intend to go about their lives unaltered, appearing to pat themselves on their backs for their lack of "panic" and concern.  

Where we find ourselves at this point in time is alarming and only feeling the reality of that will make people take this seriously and understand that they have to follow the guidelines set forth by those who are expert in disease control and transmission if we are to make progress in slowing the progression of infection.

We see the facts, we hear them, we are told what the best course of action is, and we need to stand together and do what we need to do for the common good.

Honored Contributor

just turn off the TV.  That is the best thing to do. The news is just doing what they always do... causing people to think it is the end of times and making them spend money and buy things they do not need to buy tons of. 

Honored Contributor

I am aggravated ,at the mix message we hearing from certain people, we need truth ,not lies.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

just turn off the TV.  That is the best thing to do. The news is just doing what they always do... causing people to think it is the end of times and making them spend money and buy things they do not need to buy tons of. 

I do not agree.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

I am watching the news quite frequently (if I were home more I'd probably have the news on even more) and it has not caused me to buy things I don't need or buy tons of.

I want information and I want current information.   

Honored Contributor

Yes, I am somewhat tense and my husband is worse.  It is like waiting for the other shoe to drop.

We are concerned about how many people will get sick, mother's nursing home is having no visitors, and of course we all should worry about the economy.

It's not that we are panicked, but concerned.  I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't be unless they are off-the-grid folks who are probably feeling confident.

Let's say I am concerned enough to mostly stay home, and am very careful when I do need to go out.

Honored Contributor

I see nothing wrong with being a little on edge, worried or concerned.  I'm not saying everyone should panic and go to the extreme.  Everyone acts differently according to the situation,  In my area there are many cases of the virus because there are so many people who live here.  

I am following the guide lines and doing my best to keep calm and alert.  It's better to feel on edge than not to care at all.  Be aware and do what you can for your health and the health of others and keep a clear head.  It is perfectly normal to feel on edge as long as it doesn't consume you.

Valued Contributor

Yes, because I have a feeling some nut is going to lose thier mind and start shooting people. Because they couldn't get what they needed at the store.