Honored Contributor

Please be kind, or kind enough. 

I have to admit, I'm a little on edge. The whole National emergency thing and Georgia is under a state of emergency (I think I heard that, I could be wrong). 

We haven't been ordered to stay home, but I feel that might be coming. And maybe it should. 

I ran my final 3 "gee I'd like to get these done" tasks in case we DO have to totally stay at home. I went up the street to Walgreens because I wanted to get a bag of their brand starlight mints. I thought they would be good for a cough if we get one. They've worked well in the past.  I also had something to mail at the post office so I got that done. And finally, I had something to return at Talbots. Did I HAVE to do that one?  No, but it was an expensive item and in case we're shut down for weeks, or if they close for weeks, I wanted the credit card credit.

Anyway, we're home now and not planning on going anywhere at all. I guess for a few weeks. It's seems so strange to do that and it's got me a little nervous. 

Lots of cars on the roads and stuff, but not as many cars as usual. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone a little on edge?

No.

Esteemed Contributor

Nope

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Why?  Being "on edge" does not accomplish anything.  What good is it doing you?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not really.

I think it's easy to buy into the panic and fear right now.  I'm trying to maintain some sense of normalcy, but still being careful.  

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh I am a little stressed over this, yes. Not panicking, not hoarding but it is an uneasy feeling.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh, yes I am. I'm trying to be rationale and keeping up with the latest news and information being provided. I'm staying home, only going out when neccessary. I'm doing this for my own safety as well as that of others.

I'm being selective about the posts I read here knowing some people are being very foolish with their choices and the comments they make. 

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Why?  Being "on edge" does not accomplish anything.  What good is it doing you?

@Imaoldhippie - you never get nervous about anything?  Nothing ever makes you the least bit unsettled?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh Good for you.  It was a little unnerving to see Ingles this morning.  It was worse than a snow forecast here!  My workplace is still open so I'll be venturing out next week.  Pray for me.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm feeling just a bit on edge...the thought of being stuck in the house with DH 24/7 for weeks or possibly months on end is making me anxious!

I'm thankful that we're still in the house where we raised the kids and it's roomy enough to have our own spaces and not drive each other too crazy...plus the weather is warming up and there will be plenty of yard work to do soon.

Of course I worry about the kids ....both in the city and in closer contact with people. I also worry about my mom & extended family & friends....not to mention finances.  I haven't looked at our retirement account since this started since I know it will put me in a bad mood.

Hope everyone gets through this okay!