Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Watching "I Am Cait"?

I find the show kind of fascinating.  My observation is that Caitlyn (at least at this point) in a very un-feminine female. However, I understand that that has nothing to really do with the whole transition thing.

There were also some members of last nights group who were not convinced that Caitlyn's goal of being a spokesperson for the Gay, Lesbian, Transgender Community was realistic.  They felt that given her "privilege", she could not relate with the actual struggles involved in transitioning.

Honored Contributor

I really have no interest in her show.  I've caught a few minutes of it and it just doesn't hold my interest.

I don't think most trans people have access to all that Cait does in terms of surgeries, clothes, makeup.  Cait doesn't have to work and doesn't live a "normal" life that other trans people do. 

She's coming just as shallow and superficial as the rest of the K's. 

I notice Kim is the only want to appear on her show.  She just can't help herself...sad.

Trusted Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

No, and by the ratings, others aren't either.

GOOD!

Respected Contributor

Dusty, you nailed it.   I am tired of all the "look at me!" that comes out of those two families.  Please go away!

Respected Contributor

IMO, he wants the attention and paycheck.

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I find the show kind of fascinating.  My observation is that Caitlyn (at least at this point) in a very un-feminine female. However, I understand that that has nothing to really do with the whole transition thing.

There were also some members of last nights group who were not convinced that Caitlyn's goal of being a spokesperson for the Gay, Lesbian, Transgender Community was realistic.  They felt that given her "privilege", she could not relate with the actual struggles involved in transitioning.

I agree that Cait is an un-feminine female, and I think it was Kim who said it's because she has always been a tomboy.

As far as the group discussions go, I think they're as "real" as other scripted reality shows in that they're actually there to answer some of the questions that the Jenner publicity machine has seen being asked by people like us on the Internet. For example many here (me included) have wondered how many people would be discouraged by the fact that, even with all his wealth and access to the best surgeons, she still looks like a man in drag. I think Cait wants to be accepted by as many people as possible and hopes to address some of the questions the public has been asking.

Another example is the preview for next week's show where someone in the group asks, "Who in this group is attracted to males?" There is some hemming and hawing and eventually Cait says sheepishly, "I don't know." I'm paraphrasing because I only saw this momentarily.

Cait has said previously that she is not attracted to men. When I first saw the preview I thought it was that she is genuinely confused, but now I think it's possibly the platform she will use to eventually say she is attracted to men (or both men and women). I think she's trying to ease into her new identity with as little fallout from the public as possible. Maybe she didn't want to come out initially and say, "I'm transitioning into a woman and I'm also attracted to men." Maybe she thinks that would be too much too soon. I feel like she's easing into things a little at a time.

Of course that's a lot of conjecture on my part but that's how I see it. 

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I agree that Cait is an un-feminine female, and I think it was Kim who said it's because she has always been a tomboy.

As far as the group discussions go, I think they're as "real" as other scripted reality shows in that they're actually there to answer some of the questions that the Jenner publicity machine has seen being asked by people like us on the Internet. For example many here (me included) have wondered how many people would be discouraged by the fact that, even with all his wealth and access to the best surgeons, she still looks like a man in drag. I think Cait wants to be accepted by as many people as possible and hopes to address some of the questions the public has been asking.

Another example is the preview for next week's show where someone in the group asks, "Who in this group is attracted to males?" There is some hemming and hawing and eventually Cait says sheepishly, "I don't know." I'm paraphrasing because I only saw this momentarily.

Cait has said previously that she is not attracted to men. When I first saw the preview I thought it was that she is genuinely confused, but now I think it's possibly the platform she will use to eventually say she is attracted to men (or both men and women). I think she's trying to ease into her new identity with as little fallout from the public as possible. Maybe she didn't want to come out initially and say, "I'm transitioning into a woman and I'm also attracted to men." Maybe she thinks that would be too much too soon. I feel like she's easing into things a little at a time.

I agree with your comments, and am also curious to know the answer to the question they posed as the "cliff hanger."

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Dusty1

my guess about the accident.......they cannot include it in the filming and they cannot discuss it because it is an ongoing investigation, probably not yet settled by the insurance companies, and could possibly go to trial.

I wonder if Cait was applying mascara and lipstick before impact?

Honored Contributor

@June2 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Dusty1

my guess about the accident.......they cannot include it in the filming and they cannot discuss it because it is an ongoing investigation, probably not yet settled by the insurance companies, and could possibly go to trial.

I wonder if Cait was applying mascara and lipstick before impact?

At the time of the accident she was still denying the rumors.  She wore nail polish but no visible make-up.

Aren't there pictures of Bruce using his phone at the time of the accident?

Trusted Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Those are not riveting questions I need to know. In the scheme of things going on in this world like the elections next year that directly impact me, I don't care about her. She can go on with her life of designer clothes, paparazzi, Malibu homes and so forth, I am sure there are not many trans-anythings that can identify with that. And it will remain to be seen if she spend time with her children or grandchildren as any good parent/grandparent should regardless of that gender issues. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.