Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone Watching The Funeral Services?

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound...
Honored Contributor

No, I am not watching......

Trusted Contributor

What a tribute to nine beautiful souls.  

I was in awe of the President's words and his conviction.     It's all about the LOVE!

This eulogy and the meaning of what happened will be a part of history.   A turning point I pray.

As he said, may GRACE be our guide, and as Michael Jackson wrote, to inspire us to "CHANGE THE WORLD."  

Bless their sweet and loving souls.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought the service was very uplifting, honest and an affirmation of faith and humanity. He spoke to our better angels.

The president not only celebrated the pastor but also the other 8 and what it means to be an American. Jmo.
Esteemed Contributor

I played the excerpt (Amazing Grace) from the eulogy from BBC America for my sister (while she was out) and she too began to cry.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

Amazing speech! Thank you Mr. President!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Trusted Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
I thought the service was very uplifting, honest and an affirmation of faith and humanity. He spoke to our better angels.

The president not only celebrated the pastor but also the other 8 and what it means to be an American. Jmo.

Beautifully stated.   It was was about what it means to be an American.   I hope the world listens!

Honored Contributor

You all have written so beautifully what I was thinking.   Thank you.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Show Me, you're right Heart

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Someone on tv said that hate came to a house of love, so, in the end, hate met its match and was conquered by love.  The souls and spirits of people who can forgive, who can embrace love, and who have compassion for one another are admirable warriors in my opinion.

Cynthia Hurd, Rev. Clementa Pinckney, Rev Sharonda Coleman-Singleton, Tywanza Sanders, Ethel Lance, Rev. Depayne Middleton-Doctor, Susie Jackson, Rev Daniel Simmons, Sr., Myra Thompson, rest in peace in the arms of the angels.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova