Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Spending Thanksgiving Alone?

@LTT1  I no longer cook big meals and happy I don't but I did enjoy it when I did and I loved to entertain.  If I had a buffet, I even decorated the plates.  I am use to being alone as I never wanted to remarry after I divorced so I will be home with my cat.  Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I am, and I just want it to be over. First holiday since losing my Mom. I would feel alone in a room full of people anyway.

For her last Thanksgiving last year I bought my Mom a special apple pie at a local country store, it was homemade by a small company. She loved apple pie and had very high standards about it. She never stopped raving about that pie, said it was the best she had ever tasted. Whether she really felt that way or was doing it to make me feel good, I don't know and it doesn't matter. But in the middle of how sad I feel, that memory keeps coming back to me today.

I bought her another one of those pies for her last Easter this year. I love you Mom💗💔

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow.......your response is exactly why I don't mind spending the holidays alone.  Maybe when they leave you can say something like "no need to hurry back".  Do these folks know how you feel????

Will be interesting to see how this turns out.  I will come on here when I get home......not sure when that will be.  But will try to do it as soon as I get home.  Want to know how everyone's Thanksgiving turned out......

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  Sorry about your Mom.

Image result for condolences animated gif

Honored Contributor

For many years we always had the whole family over for all of the holidays but after my mom passed I find it's better to be on my own.  I used to experiment with different ways to prepare turkey and side dishes but this year I have thrown caution to the wind and am totally winging it.  Tomorrow may bring a lovely little ham, sweet potatoes, cheddar mac salad and take and bake rolls or it may bring a bag of chocolate drizzled popcorn from Aldi.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!  Turkey Waving animated emoticon

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I am, and I just want it to be over. First holiday since losing my Mom. I would feel alone in a room full of people anyway.

For her last Thanksgiving last year I bought my Mom a special apple pie at a local country store, it was homemade by a small company. She loved apple pie and had very high standards about it. She never stopped raving about that pie, said it was the best she had ever tasted. Whether she really felt that way or was doing it to make me feel good, I don't know and it doesn't matter. But in the middle of how sad I feel, that memory keeps coming back to me today.

I bought her another one of those pies for her last Easter this year. I love you Mom💗💔

((((( hugs Heart ))))))))))

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I'm so sorry, @Greeneyedlady21.Heart

Super Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21

Many HUGS )))))) ... The memory of the LOVE you had & shared with your mother is a treasure.. Your mother may not be here in body;  but, you are, therefore, she still lives on in you!!!.. God Bless!!.. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow.......your response is exactly why I don't mind spending the holidays alone.  Maybe when they leave you can say something like "no need to hurry back".  Do these folks know how you feel????

Will be interesting to see how this turns out.  I will come on here when I get home......not sure when that will be.  But will try to do it as soon as I get home.  Want to know how everyone's Thanksgiving turned out......

Ha! I hear you! 

I don't know if they know how I feel or not, but they probably will after tomorrowwwwwwwwwwww!!! LOLOL

Super Contributor

A friend of mine for over 45 years, who  lost his wife a few months ago of brain cancer and he just had knee replacement three weeks ago, was going to spend thanksgiving alone.  I said, gee, if you would enjoy a little company, my husband and I will come and I will bring the fixings and make thanksgiving dinner at your house for the three of us.  He said yes, I would love that.  I was surprised he said yes.  We arrived Wednesday night and will go home Friday.  Today, his house will have all the good smells of a home cooked dinner.  I even brought candies for the table.  We have never spent a holiday together.  This one will be special.  All of us reached outside the box to take the leap of doing something different.  Happy thanksgiving to everyone and enjoy - no matter what it is you are doing today!