Esteemed Contributor

Anyone Signed Up With EBates?

My daughter emailed me an invitation to sign up. I haven't looked into it, yet. Does anyone here have any experience using it? TIA

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone Signed Up With EBates?

Ebates is ok- Mrrebates has better rebates generally  though. Although sometimes ebates has on line stores that mrrebates doesn't! I always check the two before making purchases. 

Honored Contributor

I use MrRebates more and have received $350 by check in the past 4-5 years.

I usually compare Ebates & MrRebates to see who is paying more on a particular site.

Love free money for shopping! 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love it! I never get any spam mail on Ebates. I have made over $800.00 since joining this. All you do is go through them for what sites you usually visit. Very rarely I find a site not there.

I have told many of my friends and they love it. I have been a member for about 7 years. Just remember to use it. It is easy to forget sometimes. I always remember as I have used it for a long time but I have to tell my daughter to remember. I am also a member of Mr. Rebates but never compare them as I am happy with what I use. I may have to start checking both before ordering online.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

my kids signed up via my referral link. i have referred other friends and family also. i signed up via a referral link from someone on these boards a long time ago.

i use mr rebates, ebates, and extrabux. no strings, no gimmicks, just cash back. i use mr rebates more because i can request my check/paypal payment when i want at the end of a month. ebates automatically sends it to you every three months.

you will be amazed at how much you get back over a long period of time. i joined mr rebates in 2006 and have received close to $18000 back from my own purchases and from referral rebates! i joined ebates also in 2006 and my rebates from them total close to $700.

if you shop online a lot then it is a MUST.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I love it. I do all my shopping online. I think I have gotten about $40 back in the last 8 months or so. My mom used it when she ordered Sheris berries and got 15% back that day plus a $10 welcome bonus. I have another $14 coming next month.

Valued Contributor

I've used ebates off and on for approximately four years.  It's great!

Obviously if one returns something the ebates commission is deleted.

When I say off and on, I sometimes forget about it until it's to late.

I need to post a reminder on my desk.

If you're on the fence go to their website and look them over.

Honored Contributor

I signed up with Ebates in June of 2009.  I do most of my shopping at home.  Even if I'm out someplace and see something I want to buy, most of the time I wait and order it online when I get home because I can usually find a discount code and/or qualify for free shipping, and then get the Ebates rebate on top of it.  To date, I've "earned" over $900.  That's free money on something I would have bought anyway.  I haven't pursued Mr. Rebates.  I might be shorting myself, but until now I've just found it easier to use the one site.  

After signing up, the hardest thing to get used to is training yourself to go to the Ebates site FIRST, and then access the desired shopping site from there via a click through link.  If you forget and go directly to the store site, you can't fix it after the fact and you won't get the Ebates rebate.

Honored Contributor

I used to use Mr. Rebate but now just use Ebates.  I signed up for something with them so that when I go to a website that has a rebate through Ebates a little popup pops up on the screen telling me how much.  I just click on the popup and it's applied to my purchase.  I would always forget to go to Mr. Rebate first, so this is great for me with Ebates.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I usually average $100 a month from  MrRebates. Occasionally I have not gotten credit for a purchase and have had to fill out a form to get my rebate. But, overall it is worth it.