Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone See Shelley Duvall On Dr. Phil?

[ Edited ]

-

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

I doubt she'd be on the show without her guardian's or AIF's approval.  Hopefully, Dr Phil can get her some good help.   

I'd ask the naysayers why it's so bad to have Shelly on but ok to have the winner from Survivor on or an every day person with a mental illness on.  If they objected to all of them, I'd agree.  If not, then it's myob.

@CalminHeart, you make a good point regarding every day person. Yesterday's show had on a young woman who tried to commit suicide 5 times. Clearly, very ill from her terrible, traumatic childhood. There didn't seem to be any outrage from the public regarding her story. Thankfully, Dr. Phil had a team of medical personnel that are going to help her...

@CalminHeart

I'll answer your question:

"I'd ask the naysayers why it's so bad to have Shelly on but ok to have the winner from Survivor on or an every day person with a mental illness on."

I don't watch reality shows and I have NEVER seen Survivor,

Also, I have never seen Dr. Phil, I read the reaction to Dr. Phil having her on.

I hope it's OK with you that I disapproved of Dr. Phil exploiting someone on his show without my watching all that came before.

Respected Contributor

Has anyone actually seen the show? 

I will be on here in a little over an hour. Generally I do not watch Dr. Phil but will today.  I'll decide for myself wheher he is exploiting or trying to help Ms. Duvall.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't read the entire thread but excuse me if I repeat. I read yesterday where Stanley Kubrich's daughter wrote a letter to Dr. Phil imploring him not to do this. She expressed how simply exploitative for ratings and hurting someone with a mental illness.

I will watch today.

Esteemed Contributor

I dont watch Dr Phil (often its way too depressing). But I read about it and I think its quite sad about Shelley.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

I think it is on tomorrow's show if you want to see it.I think that is sad and Dr Phil is very unkind to put her through that. 

I think her mother helped in getting her help.

Honored Contributor

Who knew you could be insulted for NOT watching reality shows?

Valued Contributor

@Noel7

Dr. Phil exploited this poor woman, show should not have been broadcast.  

Valued Contributor

@sidsmom

I called my local station, told them  that show should  never have been broadcast.  Disgusting, to exploit that poor woman.    

Honored Contributor

@Miranda1550 wrote:

@Noel7

Dr. Phil exploited this poor woman, show should not have been broadcast.  

Hi @Miranda1550

Have you seen it?  I looked it up and it's scheduled to come on here at 4 in the afternoon.  His show isn't carried here on a major network, it will be coming in on just a local channel.