Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone See Shelley Duvall On Dr. Phil?

I never watch shows like that. I tried on occasion after I quit work, but they seemed a waste of time -- and it gave me no pleasure to see angry, or disturbed, or unhappy people. i can't believe his show is still on. Occasionally, I turn on Price us Right in the mornings because I like the upbeat energy. After that, the TV is off all day unless i am in the mood to catch up on news. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Annabellethecat66 Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe just maybe someone who is looking out for her ( an agent or family member) are desperate for her to get help as she is at rock bottom both mentally and financially..obviously.

That's the price you pay to go on TV to get help this way. He has some of the best resources available and he pays for them through his people. 

Desperate people do desperate things...she is saying Robin Williams is alive which I would venture is one of many delusions she has.

Just what is Stanley Kubrick doing to help her?? Complaining is pfftt.

Honored Contributor

I think there is a fine line between educating an audience/people about mental illness, addiction, etc. and making an exhibition of such persons.  I DVR his shows, but I am finding more often than not that I can't sit through a show without being disgusted....ratings! 

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@Melania wrote:

Maybe just maybe someone who is looking out for her ( an agent or family member) are desperate for her to get help as she is at rock bottom both mentally and finacianlly..obviously.

That's the price you pay to go on TV to get help this way. He has some of the best resources available and he pays for them through his people. 

Desperate people do desperate things...she is saying Robin Williams is alive which I would venture is one of many delsusions she has.

@Melania 

Stanley Kubrick died in 1999, it's his daughter Vivian who wrote the public comments about Dr. Phil exploiting her.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Melania wrote:

Maybe just maybe someone who is looking out for her ( an agent or family member) are desperate for her to get help as she is at rock bottom both mentally and finacianlly..obviously.

Desperate people do desperate things...she is saying Robin Williams is alive which I would venture is one of many delsusions she has.

@Melania 

Stanley Kubrick died in 1999, it's his daughter Vivian who wrote the public comments about Dr. Phil exploiting her.

Okay, so then what is the daughter doing to help her? Her father directed SD. Nothing more, nothing less.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

How very sad. The things she says reminds me of my sister-in-law who has been on meth for well over 10 years. Seriously, she says almost identical things on a daily basis. It is very very difficult to see someone stuggling with this illness. It is odd because they really do seem to know what they see and hear and say isn't right so they struggle with the reality they know and are living and the reality that is considered "normal". It is like living in a nightmare and you know it is a nightmare but you can't seem to wake up out of it. 

I always thought Shelley Duvall seemed like a fragile soul. I think that came through in her acting. I wonder if anyone has tried to help her before. I hope so. I also know that you can try your hardest to help someone over and over and over but there is only so much you can do. Sometimes it just doesn't work, despite your best efforts.

And I have no respect for Dr. Phil and this is one of the lowest yet- putting her on display like that. If he truly wanted to help her, he'd do it privately without humiliating her and making her a pawn for ratings. Disgusting.

Honored Contributor

@Melania wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Melania wrote:

@Melania 

Okay, so then what is the daughter doing to help her? Her father directed SD. Nothing more, nothing less.

@Melania

I have no idea what the daughter is doing to help her, I'm not acquainted with Vivian Kubrick.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

How very sad. The things she says reminds me of my sister-in-law who has been on meth for well over 10 years. Seriously, she says almost identical things on a daily basis. It is very very difficult to see someone stuggling with this illness. It is odd because they really do seem to know what they see and hear and say isn't right so they struggle with the reality they know and are living and the reality that is considered "normal". It is like living in a nightmare and you know it is a nightmare but you can't seem to wake up out of it. 

I always thought Shelley Duvall seemed like a fragile soul. I think that came through in her acting. I wonder if anyone has tried to help her before. I hope so. I also know that you can try your hardest to help someone over and over and over but there is only so much you can do. Sometimes it just doesn't work, despite your best efforts.

And I have no respect for Dr. Phil and this is one of the lowest yet- putting her on display like that. If he truly wanted to help her, he'd do it privately without humiliating her and making her a pawn for ratings. Disgusting.

@HappyDaze

Very nice summary.

Honored Contributor

popular subject it seems. Another thread in TV & Movies.