Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Play Words with Friends on Facebook?

Mothertrucker wrote:

Agree, cheating would not only defeat the purpose, but it is Words with FRIENDS, right? I didn't even know there was a cheating site?....

multiple sites......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Mothertrucker wrote:

I do and I love  it!, how would you " cheat"?

there are apps and websites that help you "find" words that can be made with the letters you have. i often wonder if some of my opponents are using these sites/apps because they come up with some VERY obscure words.

My DH used to play with a friend on the phone and I kept telling my DH his friend was using an app or something to come up with words.  Sorry to say he's not the brightest bulb in the pack but yet he too came up with some words that I'd never heard of and would look up.  He always smoked my DH in the score.  LOL  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Words with Friends and play through their app. I currently have 36 games in progress!   I don't cheat either and wouldn't play with someone if I knew they were cheating. 

I also like Trivia Crack, another interactive game. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't know about cheating and haven't played Words with Friends.  This AM at the gym, someone showed me an in progress game.  When I questioned a word on the screen, she said it's a real word and showed me the on line dictionary.  I don't consider it a word in English or French----and I have a Master's degree in French.

Don't think I'd care to invest time playing when I would probably challenge the "dictionary's" word often.

Spend my energy on Jumbline2 but wish they would add the real words I've been requesting during the games.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Frequent Contributor

Yes I play WWF and I love it. I play daily and I hope no one on the other end is cheating. I don't play on FB though cause I'm not on FB. 

~ It's a good day when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys! ~
Respected Contributor

I play daily too.  I met someone here that I play with.  She beats me a lot, but doesn't use really rare words which is a red flag that they are cheating.  She is just plain good!

Then I play with two people that I know personally (they are married) and they are not that sharp and they beat the tar out of me with words that are so rare it is unbelievable. I actually called her on it and she said she scrambles the words until she comes up with a good one.  I don't believe her and I'm ready to quit them both.

BTW, You can find sites that will tell you when a word is rare.  In fact, I think there might be something on WWF that will tell you if you look. I can't remember.

Everybody else I am either a 50/50 winner or I beat the pants off them.  LOL

I don't cheat either and I never would. 

I played Scrabble with my grandma a lot as a child. No one else would play with her and I loved the game.  LOL

For the person that gave up because the person she played with beat her with two letter words...after a while you learn all those words.  She wasn't cheating.  She used words like ....qi, za, xi, aa, xu, nu.  Well, you get the picture.

I love the game.

Respected Contributor

Not only are their cheats to unscramble the letters you have to play with, you can actually find boards that you fill in the whole board and then put in the letters you have to play with and they will tell you what word to play.  You save it and put in the word they played and on and on.  You can save it for the whole game. 

I found this out when I was researching if the two people that I suspect of cheating were actually cheating.  I couldn't believe it.

How fun would that be????

Trusted Contributor

I play about 4 or more games daily on Facebook.

I mostly just play with family members, but frequently play with others. I do play a lot with Doris Dalton (Doll 10) from QVC. She is a wicked player! lol !

Respected Contributor

Yes, I play it everyday on Facebook, I love word games. I didn't realize there was even an app so you could cheat. That would take the fun out of it. If you would like to start a game with me, let me know.