Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Listening to The Beatles' Revolver Album Today - 4/15 ?

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Pqfan wrote:

Sometimes I play Good Day Sunshine when I wake up. 🙂

@Pqfan @I had my iphone set to play Good Day Sunshine as my morning alarm for a long time. 

👍🌸❤️

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee 

My wife is a Beatles historian and her favorite has always been Sir Paul. Taxes, what taxes?

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee   I saw Paul McCartney in concert when he played at Citifileld (Queens, NYC) around 2 - 3 years ago.  One of the best concerts I ever saw!

Trusted Contributor

I think my all time favorite Beatle song is "If I Fell".  After all these years, I still love that song.  Loved seeing it sung by John in Hard Day's Night.

Esteemed Contributor

@nova wrote:

@Pearlee   I saw Paul McCartney in concert when he played at Citifileld (Queens, NYC) around 2 - 3 years ago.  One of the best concerts I ever saw!

DH,son & I saw Sir Paul in concert last fall.What a show. He sounded as good as he did 50 years ago!! 

I actually met Paul & Linda years ago.We were on the same plane going from JFK to London. He was so sweet & friendly.He took the time to chat with us. I got his autograph.

Esteemed Contributor

My all time Beatles song is

I'll Follow The Sun

Trusted Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@nova wrote:

DH,son & I saw Sir Paul in concert last fall.What a show. He sounded as good as he did 50 years ago!! 

I actually met Paul & Linda years ago.We were on the same plane going from JFK to London. He was so sweet & friendly.He took the time to chat with us. I got his autograph.

@NicksmomESQ   That had to be the thrill of a lifetime!!  It's so nice to hear how friendly he was to you.  He is truly one of the world's musical geniuses.

Trusted Contributor

I love The Beatles channel on satellite radio.  Every day I listen to it, and I am overwhelmed by how good they were.  If only today's kids would listen to these exquisite records - they are masterpieces.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Pearlee 

I SO agree!

Happy Belated Birthday!

And you still love the Beatles (and so do I) when you are 64!

@LTT1   LOL - thank you but that's very belated for my 64th b-day which was several years ago!  Smiley Happy   Appreciate your thought though.

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

When it comes to “ear worms” , my favorite ones are Beatles songs. They are the only ones I can hear over and over without being depressing or annoying. Lately my favorite has been 🎶“ someone’s knocking at the door...somebody’s ringin the bell” 🎶😊

@Azcowgirl    I've seen Sir Paul three times live in concert (but never the Beatles Smiley Sad  ) and the second time I saw him, in 2015, he sang that live.  It was great.  

Seeing him live is so overwhelming to me, having loved him since I was 11 yrs. old - and Beatles music. Sir Paul has always been my fave, so I'm happy he's still with us.  It was a thrill, in the most recent two of his concerts I saw, to have a singalong with him of Obla-di, Obla-da.  Just sitting there thinking "I'm having a singalong with the Beatle who wrote this song"  is amazing.  And when he rose up from beneath the stage sitting at a piano and doing an acoustic of Blackbird was also overwhelming.

But the most overwhelming part was when he sang my favorite song - Yesterday - which he did at all three concerts where I saw him, was thinking "I'm in the same room with Sir Paul (I always had a great seat so I was close to him) singing Yesterday."  And he mentioned he uses the same guitar to sing it that he used to sing it on the Ed Sullivan Show.   The entire concert for me was one big swoon!   Heart

It's pretty fabulous too that he ends the concerts I saw (all of them) with Golden Slumbers and then "And in the end....the love you take, is equal to the love you make."  

I have to go now; this post is making me want to get online and see where I can see him next!