Super Contributor

Anyone Have a Funny "Siri" Moment?

I normally carry a dumb cell phone as I'm not very computer savvy. DH's been trying to talk me into a smartphone. I took his smartphone with me yesterday when I went to pick up a friend. I was telling her about a movie we watched the evening before. I had the phone turned on when I said, "At the end of the movie, she died." All of a sudden, Siri popped up and said, "I'm sorry. Is there anything I can help you with?" Yikes...it was like a third party present in our conversation!

I'm sure I'm not the only one with a funny Siri moment. Anyone else care to share theirs?

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Have a Funny "Siri" Moment?

I think I've used it once.

I can do it faster on my own.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I don't use Siri much but my husband uses it all the time for texting. Although Siri isn't particularly funny, my husband sounds like a robot when he dictates his texts.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have known only 1 Siri in my whole life. She was 1 of my nurses during my many colon bleeding/colonoscopy riddled/blood transfusions, very long hospital stays. Pretty/cute and very tiny and she liked listening to my long winded stories(at least she said she did) and always wanted to hear more of my life's adventures.

Funniest moment? When I was on my long term "clear liquid only intakes" she decided to make my acceptable hard meds into a liquid. It was the nastiest taste I have ever experienced in my life, including my many gallon drinking binges, of the Preps Go or NuLytely. We both always laughed about this in my many hospital visits later about that one. Wrong Siri? Sorry, only one I know or know of------------ hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

My grandaughter and I love Siri. We ask her dumb questions. What funny answers we get. She calls you by your first name. We have a lot of fun with it. I know sounds crazy but it keeps us laughing. Other wise I don't use it.
Super Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

I have known only 1 Siri in my whole life. She was 1 of my nurses during my many colon bleeding/colonoscopy riddled/blood transfusions, very long hospital stays. Pretty/cute and very tiny and she liked listening to my long winded stories(at least she said she did) and always wanted to hear more of my life's adventures. Funniest moment? When I was on my long term "clear liquid only intakes" she decided to make my acceptable hard meds into a liquid. It was the nastiest taste I have ever experienced in my life, including my many gallon drinking binges, of the Preps Go or NuLytely. We both always laughed about this in my many hospital visits later about that one. Wrong Siri? Sorry, only one I know or know of------------ hckynut(john)

Hi John,

Your story is funny. At least you found something to laugh about in prepping for a colonoscopy! (The other Siri is the female voice on the Smartphones.) Hope you are doing well these days....Madisson

Super Contributor

@Vickiv wrote:
My grandaughter and I love Siri. We ask her dumb questions. What funny answers we get. She calls you by your first name. We have a lot of fun with it. I know sounds crazy but it keeps us laughing. Other wise I don't use it.

I'm glad you and your granddaughter are having fun with Siri. It is comical...and it's great to find something to laugh about.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have several funny things Siri said to me...but I will share this one with you.   Later when I told others they went outside and did it too.  It shocked them too to know that Siri would give them that information.  

I ask Siri..... Are any UFOs above me?

She sent me a list of planes in the area.  The name of the planes, and number.  Where they are from, and where they are going.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
I must have no life because occasionally i play with Siri. I ask Siri if he/she is married. ( I currently have Siri set with a male voice.). I ask Siri about his/ her birthday, children, location, vacations, etc. Some of the pre-programmed answer- phrases from Siri are funny.
Respected Contributor

LOL, the only time I turn siri on is when I accidentally hit the button too many times.

However my friend's son uses it all the time.  He says it's better than a gps.  He travels in a lot of unfamiliar areas.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*