Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Getting Tired of Mopping the Mud Room Floor?

@Brinklii wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

We have a large rug just inside the door.  We take our shoes off there.  No mud no dirt.

The large rug sounds like a good idea...maybe an indoor/outdoor type. I would have to put a bench or something to sit on there for my mother.Thanks for the suggestion!

I have two rugs that abut each other in the garage leading up to the door then the big one inside.  All the dirt and water is actually left on the ones in the garage.  A seat would be a great idea.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't have mud thank goodness, Tired of everything happening.

Esteemed Contributor

@Brinklii wrote:

@twinny70 wrote:

@Brinklii wrote:

@twinny70 ... We have one of those boot pans also, but you still need to take a few steps to get to it...and mud, snow, and salt shake off onto the floor. Maybe I need to move it closer to the door, but everyone still needs to take a few steps to close the door immediately since the garage is so cold. That's why I don't have it right inside the door.

Lucky that you're having such a mild winter in S. WI! It's actually been mild in N. WI also...relatively speaking. We still have snow and ice. I heard that S. WI doesn't have it.

We don't have any snow & our lawn is green.  After 2 cold days, we are supposed to be in the 40's again tomorrow.  How close to Eagle River are you?   One of our favorite pastor's lives there.  We used to have family friends that lived in Crandon when I was a kid.  Such fun memories there too.

@twinny ... Eagle River is about 30 miles from where we live. We get to Crandon and Eagle River every now and then for fests and craft shows in the summer, but usually we are more inclined to go South to Wausau where they have some real shopping compared to what we have.

Back in the 50's when we were kids, my parents had friends that lived in Crandon.  They were lots of fun because 5 brothers married 5 sisters.  Thanks for the memories!