Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone Getting This Type of Spam Call--Cannot Block!

@Pookwrote:

Since I started answering the calls like a business and asking how I can rout their call, It went from maybe 10-15 calls a week to only about 2 a month.  It works since robo callers and other types of calls are obligated to remove business numbers from their call lists.   Many actually have responded with sorry we'll remove this number from or call lists. 

------------------------------------------------------

Great idea! I'm going to try it.

Respected Contributor

@FuzzyFacewrote:

@Pookwrote:

Since I started answering the calls like a business and asking how I can rout their call, It went from maybe 10-15 calls a week to only about 2 a month.  It works since robo callers and other types of calls are obligated to remove business numbers from their call lists.   Many actually have responded with sorry we'll remove this number from or call lists. 

Plus, don't you love just messing with them?   Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@2blonde ... Normally, nomorobo blocks calls after only one ring. Of course, these 8-number calls are not blocked by nomorobo, and I can't get them blocked on the landline blocker that came with our phone because the calls are only 8 digits. It tells me to enter the full 10 digits. I did report it to the FTC though.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

@Pook ... Sounds interesting. I'll have to think about that. Thanks for the tip.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Super Contributor

@2blonde I also have UVerse call blocking and it works like a charm.  

Respected Contributor

I can't answer my phone, can't open front door, people keep getting my credit and using fraudulently......I want to put a pillow over my face and scream...

Respected Contributor

@Yardliewrote:

@2blonde... Normally, nomorobo blocks calls after only one ring. Of course, these 8-number calls are not blocked by nomorobo, and I can't get them blocked on the landline blocker that came with our phone because the calls are only 8 digits. It tells me to enter the full 10 digits. I did report it to the FTC though.

@Yardlie  OK, that's what I was wondering.  I hope I don't start getting those weird numbers.  I love my nomorobo.  Ever time the phone rings, my cat runs over to it like he thinks he needs to answer it.  On the days when I come home to 8 missed calls on my phone, I'm thinking it must be driving him nuts!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@2blonde  Oh your poor kitty.  When you go out, can you shut off your the ringer in the room the kitty stays?

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMacwrote:

@ID2wrote:

Wow, since I dropped my landline phone, many, many years ago, I just don't get ANY spam calls. None. I just don't understand those that still use a landline phone and don't like all the spam calls they get. There is a solution.

I've never had a cell phone.  No need for one.  I have a landline w/a built-in answering machine & I "rarely" get spam calls.   Why?  I don't answer the phone unless the person leaves a message.  No message, no one called.

As for the phone "ringing," I keep mine turned OFF!  I have no need for it since I have an answering machine which I can hear throughout my house.

My message:  "All calls are screened.  Leave a message if you want a returned call."

--------------------------

That is a good message...I may use it!!  Right now my message states..."Leave a message. We don't talk to people we don't know.  If you don't leave a message, guess your call wasn't important!!!"  My phone states outloud what the Caller Id has written on it....helps in screening.

Respected Contributor

@Alleghenywrote:

@2blonde  Oh your poor kitty.  When you go out, can you shut off your the ringer in the room the kitty stays?

@Allegheny  Well, there are 4 extensions in the house, and he could be near any of them when it rings.  It's really not a big deal.....he's young and full of energy, so it won't hurt him!  I just think it's funny when I see him head for the phone (when I'm home).

Laura loves cats!