Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Familiar with Hospital Rules & Regulations?

[ Edited ]

To throw my 2 cents in, I'd say speak with the charge nurse first and make sure you get all those ducks quacking in the same direction.

I have had 2 admissions since July into a majorly prestigious hospital - (I mention that only because someone upstream said a prestigious hospital would change daily) ICU both times.  6 days 1st time, 7 days 2nd time.  My sheets were changed once a week on Wed. I think.

You could check out the regulations set out by the Joint Commission of Hospital Accreditation (if they participate), but really, I'd start  with the charge nurse and then work up to the nursing supervisor, nurse manager, administrator of nursing, and then hospital administrator until you are satisfied.

Best wishes to your family member.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Contributor

Re: Anyone Familiar with Hospital Rules & Regulations?

Having worked in hospitals for 38 years, the Hospital Administrator is not the one to complain to.  You always talk with the supervisor of the area where the incident occurred.  The Administrator is the last one to go to and that is only if all else fails.