Super Contributor

Re: Anyone Else Tired Of These Sayings

Stinkin' cute

Esteemed Contributor

Agree with Porcelain - influencer. It makes me want to ignore that person in every way.

Husband listens to a lot of audio books - he waits for this one word in almost every modern novel -- 'wafting.' It bugs him. We laugh about it. We create reasons to say 'wafting' at unexpected times.

My big irritation -- and there's even a word for it -- “T-glottalization.” It occurs when a speaker swallows the T sound in a word rather than speaking it aloud. We hear it when words like “kitten” and “water” are pronounced like “KIH-en” and “WAH-er.” I just want to tell these people --- staaaahhhhpppp. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

Actually.  

Respected Contributor

Low hanging fruit

Respected Contributor

@jeanlakeYes, I've noticed this pronunciation with the "t" sound more n more lately.  I thought to myself, do I pronounce kitten like that?  Watched a few commercials where the t is spoken oddly like that.  Hard to xplain, I just know it sounds a little off to me.

I wonder if its a regional thing.  I noticed people from Long Island, NY pronounce "Lon Gisland".  Some people say jewelery (3 syllables), I say jewelry (2 syllables).  Sorry, I'm getting off topic here.  Me bad.  Cat Surprised

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Frequent Contributor

@Ruby Laine wrote:

Literally. I hear it on the news, Weather Channel, my neighbor--literally everyone!

@Ruby Laine  Literally, I couldn't agree more!

Also, ....whole 'nother.... UGH!

Respected Contributor

@roxxy1 Also "I Mean" before every sentence.

Respected Contributor

@Diva on The Q And the whole shootin match, "Yay Buddy " ,6 in one and a half dozen in the other,  

Respected Contributor

@avid shopper Also "Stoked' The kids on the "Little People Big World' thiere favorite line, about everything.

Trusted Contributor

I hate "To Die For"

Nothing  is worth dying over, it's such a dumb saying!