Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone Else Having Winter Weather?

I am in southern West Virginia, and we are sunny and a cool 37 degrees today.  We are to drop even cooler tonight, and into the weekend, with a chance of flurries again.   It is not at all unusual for us to see snow the entire month of April.   Whether it’s light flurries, or a heavy wet covering, the ground is too warm for the snow to last more than a day or two, and we don’t need to wear a winter coat.  

I don’t mind snow in April, as it’s the very last efforts of winter.   

Honored Contributor

Yes and it's getting depressing now.  We lucked out with the last snowfall, we only got a few inches of puffy stuff and it melted quickly but the predict more snow tomorrow.  It's 30 degrees outside now but it's sunny.  It was 18 when I woke up, 10 west of where we live.  I feels like spring will never come.  Not to say that April is a warm weather month.  It's just not a winter month like we're having now.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wind chill was 2 this morning with snow covering the ground. Actual temp got up to 35 in central Wisconsin Thursday afternoon.

Honored Contributor

Yes. And I'm tired of it! We are supposed to get snow tomorrow night into Saturday, and again Saturday night and maybe Monday. Even DH, who grew up in cold weather, sledding, skiing, etc., says he's never seen anything like this.

I want to wear my SANDALS!!! Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

It's unseasonably chilly here, in NW Indiana, but not as bad as some have it.  DH and I are heading to Indy tomorrow and they were calling for a wintery mix, but that's changed.  We'll probably hit some rain (they've had flooding down there too) and wind, but it looks like it's trying to warm up.  It's supposed to hit 50°F down there, but I'd surely prefer, sunny, dry, and 75°F

Respected Contributor

Well, I suppose misery loves company.  I'm in NE Ohio (near Lake Erie), and it's still frickin' freezin' here.  Like some of you, it was extremely windy yesterday, and this morning we had snow flurries, but the sun came out and melted the dusting we had.  South of here they've had lots of snow, but we really haven't had much, if any, the last month.  It was just cold.  February was warmer than March, which started my daffodils.  They usually bloom in early-mid March, but the buds still haven't opened, and I'm not sure they ever will.  I see no other flowers around me.......just dead leaves and bare trees.  I'm soooooo over this weather!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

In the Seattle area we are looking at mid 60's with rain showers and breezy tomorrow with the same.  Pretty typical Spring weather for April.  Actually quite 👍 nice!  Everything is sprouting green  and coming to life...everyday a bit more. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Where is Spring?

CB-Frame.jpg

Beautiful. It’s on my bucket list.

Honored Contributor

So. Joisey checking in....

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at Thu, Apr 5, 2018-4.18.11 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

We're in the northeast, and have a light carpet of snow on the ground, but the sun keeps peeking through!

Everyone here just laughs about this crazy April weather.  We had quite a decent March, then bam.  But we've had "blizzards" in April many times in the past...

I wonder if that's why poet T.S. Eliot said April is the "cruelest month"?   It sets up expectations of balmy spring, coaxes out daffodils, etc, but then can undercut everything tender and living with one harsh cold snap?

Didn't Eliot write that in "The Wasteland"?   Now I'll have to go hunt that poem up.  I remember little of it, except that it was so beautiful and yet pointed...