Esteemed Contributor

Monday March 20, 2017

Time: 4:30 a.m.

Still no calf.

*sigh*

Honored Contributor

Her tail was raised quite a bit yesterday afternoon and then again overnight. 

Another day of April watching begins. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

3/20 Morning Update

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Spring!

Keeper report is that belly/baby continue to stay towards the back end. Observation over night peaked our interest a few times, but nothing to report just yet. April is eating but not as ravenous as days prior.

No pressure April the Giraffe, but April the month isn't far away!

Today's photo is also part of our Giraffe Factoid:

June 21st, each year, is known as World Giraffe Day! The longest day is dedicated to the longest necked animals of the world! Celebrate with us, or your hometown zoo or animal park, and learn about and how to support giraffe conservation. Our partner through April's Journey and World Giraffe Day is the Giraffe Conservation Foundation.

Photo is of Jordan & Allysa providing Oliver and April their annual World Giraffe Day treat at noon!

Image may contain: 1 person

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh  I hope that your situation re thyroid will get better soon.  I had my thyroid removed back in 1980 because I had thyroid cancer and had a lot of these radiation treatments since then (the last one in 2001).  Now I just put my foot down and said no more of that.  But my synthroid still gets adjusted all the time.  Each time the dosage is decreased I gain a lot of weight; however if it gets decreased I don't really lose weight.  It is a life long struggle, but I feel comfortable overall and so much better than in the 80s.

Take care.

Respected Contributor

@Marp As always, thanks for posting this lovely report.  Giraffe's seem to be quite gentle animals and so beautiful.  I have seen (only on TV) a herd of Giraffe's run and it is a beautiful sight to behold.

Well, perhaps today, or for sure this week, we will be able to welcome a brand new Giraffe into this world.

Here is to you April!

Honored Contributor

@Jamma@CLEM@Marp@gidgetgh@Plaid Pants2

First thing each morning, I wake up and check on her!

@Marp

Thank you so much for the updates!

Last night I checked in to the LIVE cam... thought maybe I was seeing something different under her tail! Like a little "pooch!" However, I think I was seeing her differently because of the shadows!

@gidgetgh

My father had a "radiation cocktail" to destroy thyroid back in the 70's. His medicine was immediately changed by his doctor due to interaction with heart medication. I'm not sure of the specifics.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1, your eyes or shadows were not playing tricks on you.  That "pooch" is a good thing.  It is an indicator that her body is preparing for delivery.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I think April is waiting for April - next Saturday. 

So everyone relax...

Unknown.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

The person cleaning the stall looks so tiny next to April! *lol*

Trusted Contributor

I think April is saying to herself:  "Look what you got me into now Ollie".

Jamma