Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody watching April

[ Edited ]

I am well aware April will give birth standing but at the moment she's lying down and I swear she's pushing a little..  I do not claim to be a vet or anything or it could be my eyes..    she's back up, oh would love  to see a little bubble and hoof! 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I just got home and was so relieved to see she hadn't had the baby!  She can go ahead and have it now. This is a good time for me, LOL. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh I understand completely. I have to go to the store soon and I will probably get my groceries in record time so I can get home to watch!

Respected Contributor

I know that it won't be long now before we see April's "little" bundle of joy.

Trusted Contributor

IMG_1644.JPG

Contributor

Re: Anybody watching April

[ Edited ]

The update from this evening indicates more changes noticed today. I have noticed more tail raising today and lots of belly movement.

I am so addicted to watching this I will need Giraffe- a - Holics once the baby is born and the camera gets turned off at some point.

I find it so peaceful watching and waiting with her. I love when Allysa is in with her rubbing her belly and giving kisses. This afternoon, Jordan the oiwner was in with her and you could also see the connection April has with him.

This has been a wonderful thing to witness.

Esteemed Contributor

It's Sunday morning, 4:08 a.m. where I am, and still no calf.

Esteemed Contributor

3/19 Morning Update

Keepers have noted a calming down of the calf and April carrying everything a bit towards the rear. This is exactly what we want! Wax caps are still in place. Appetite remains strong.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

April is as calm as can be. 

I wonder if she gets bored being in that stall?

Honored Contributor
Hi fellow April watchers. I always tune in but don't watch for long. It has been going on over 3 weeks for me. I also love the interaction with her keeper. Definitely affection for each other.