Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anybody want to join me for some hospital surgical waiting room coffee?

Hi minkbunny,

I hope everything goes well with your husband's surgery. Heart

My girls are doing well, and so is my husband.

Were having chicken fajitas for dinner, eazy peazy.

I'm just about to get a cup of coffee for my afternoon "tea"

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

@minkbunny  I am not familiar with you and your husband's situation, but it sounds like you've both been 'through the mill' quite a lot.  I hope it bolsters your spirit and faith to know how many people have you on their hearts and minds. You can add my name to the list now.  I will hold you and Butch in prayer for only good results and will be watching for updates on his condition.  

BTW, I think it was very clever of you to create this thread.  What a bright idea towards helping to pass the time!  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Minky, Wishing Butch a speedy recovery. I know how hard it is watching someone go through illness, take care of yourself.  

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@minkbunny wrote:

It is actually quite good!  My husband is having serious vascular surgery, we have already been here for hours and it should take all day.  Family is here, in and out. 

If you want to keep me company, share what you are doing - eating, drinking, wearing, thinking Smiley Happy

Thanks !

Linda

Minky, so good to "see" you here posting. I am so sorry about your husband's surgery but I know with you in his corner, he is going to recover and do well.

Please remember to take care of yourself, too. I know how hard my recovery has been on my husband. Sometimes, I think the caretaker has it worse than the patient. It is so difficult to stand by and see someone we love recovering from serious illness.

So prayers and lots of love sent your way. Please keep us posted.

How true! I'll gladly be the patient any day!😉

Ditto to you taking care of yourself! If you aren't ok, who'll take care of him? Sending prayers! Want to know what I'm doing today? Not too much really. I went to play bridge earlier, (didn't do too well, tho!😒, going to take a nap now. I haven't been sleeping well lately. I know napping prob isn't best way to help, but I'm sooooo tired! Let us know how it went!😘

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

Checking in again - just loved seeing old friends - and making new ones.  So sorry I haven't been around too much.

Still in surgery, haven't eaten anything all day (too nervous) but part of a 30g peanut butter protein bar.  Walked with the family down to the Atrium cafe and bought everybody some yummy looking lunches - will partake of some of their homemade broccoli cheddar soup later when Butch is safely in his room.  I am so grateful to be surrounded with love and good conversation.

Did have some of their  infused water  -  today is pineapple and strawberries, they have several "stations" throughout the hospital with free drinks (different fruits) and they are always very refreshing. It is 98 outside and 28 in here. Man Surprised

Thanks again,  I do love sharing your day. Heart

Respected Contributor

Prayers and positive thoughts going out to your husband, you and family.  Hope all is going (went) well.  May God bless him with a quick and full recovery.  I'm doing laundry and finished cleaning the bathroom (exciting).  It's lunchtime, so probably a turkey, mayo lettuce/tomato sandwich w/side of chips and pickle and diet coke.

I might tackle a small project of cleaning out bottom of my bdrm closet, and prepare tonight's dinner...maybe take a nap, which I prefer to call a 'horizontal life pause'.  I don't need any excuses when it comes to napping, especially on rainy days, and cuddling with my Pearl😸...sometimes, it just can't get any better than that.

Stay well and strong @minkbunny❤️

Honored Contributor

@minkbunny

A gurl needs to keep her energy up when her cowboy comes out of surgery.

Chocolate heals everything. The first slice is for you sweetie and there's enough to go around (for the 1st 10 that responds. I cut large slices.

Unknown.jpeg

I'm leaving work now - it is 6pm in NY. Continued prayers that all will be well.

Honored Contributor

@minkbunny wrote:

It is actually quite good!  My husband is having serious vascular surgery, we have already been here for hours and it should take all day.  Family is here, in and out. 

If you want to keep me company, share what you are doing - eating, drinking, wearing, thinking Smiley Happy

Thanks !

Linda

Hi minky, Heart

Sending prayers for all of you from Jersey. I hope you are taking care of yourself, as well.  I'm glad you are surrounded by family. My best to your cowboy.

I'll keep you company.  I am cooking dinner....chicken and  quinoa salad.  Help yourself to the quinoa. It is full of veggies, dried cranberries and cashews.  I'm drinking ice cold water, as usual.  

What am I wearing? lol   I'm not known as a fashionista. lol I'm wearing khakis and a red tee.   Whatever is clean and fits is what I wear. lol

My pup, Jersey, is sitting under the kitchen table, where I am typing this. 

(((((gentle hugs)))))

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

@minkbunny

Sending positive wishes for your DH, and calm nerves for you.

I am waiting impatiently for a formula to upload.  Another thunder and lightning storm coming in.  My wonderful Flame Himy is sitting with me, making sure I'm taking care of that thunder thing. 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

healing thoughts for your hubs, milkbunny...................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo