Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody here live in Hawaii ?

@songbird wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

As we sit and watch the news on this we got to thinking if those poor people who were in the path of this mess just lost their homes, etc.

Gees, we aren't safe any where it seems.

I'm in Texas, but, OK gets lot more and worse tornadoes then we do.

Up in Ind. last night I couldn't even talk to sister she was being clobbered

by hail up around Evansville.

Yeah, I'd read policy and ask plenty of questions if I lived over there. We took

a vacation over there yrs. ago. Sure, it's pretty, but, I don't want to live around water. Hazards, are every where !

Per living in Texas.  When my husband went in to the service (Air Force) he was Texas.  First day he's there he looked out the window and saw a twister coming toward him.  He was so scared he could not speak.  Just kept stuttering and pointing out the window!  

I visited Dallas once.  I was so impressed and excited.  Then I want outside in the heat......I thought I had died.

Tornados in the U.S.  4 times MORE then any part of the world.  North America is awful when it comes to tornados.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornadoes_in_the_United_States

oh yeah, the heat in TX is a horror. already, here in May, the last few days been 99 degrees. We don't turn on a/c till afternoon, bills are sky high. Used to live in Ind and the humidity and the high temps were brutal. At least we have no humidity hahahahha  keep on moisturizer and sunscreen.

Skies are always blue, though. Even in the dreary months.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

As we sit and watch the news on this we got to thinking if those poor people who were in the path of this mess just lost their homes, etc.

Gees, we aren't safe any where it seems.

I'm in Texas, but, OK gets lot more and worse tornadoes then we do.

Up in Ind. last night I couldn't even talk to sister she was being clobbered

by hail up around Evansville.

Yeah, I'd read policy and ask plenty of questions if I lived over there. We took

a vacation over there yrs. ago. Sure, it's pretty, but, I don't want to live around water. Hazards, are every where !

Per living in Texas.  When my husband went in to the service (Air Force) he was Texas.  First day he's there he looked out the window and saw a twister coming toward him.  He was so scared he could not speak.  Just kept stuttering and pointing out the window!  

I visited Dallas once.  I was so impressed and excited.  Then I want outside in the heat......I thought I had died.

Tornados in the U.S.  4 times MORE then any part of the world.  North America is awful when it comes to tornados.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tornadoes_in_the_United_States

oh yeah, the heat in TX is a horror. already, here in May, the last few days been 99 degrees. We don't turn on a/c till afternoon, bills are sky high. Used to live in Ind and the humidity and the high temps were brutal. At least we have no humidity hahahahha  keep on moisturizer and sunscreen.

Skies are always blue, though. Even in the dreary months.

It was beautiful!  And very, very big.  I also fell in love with the Texas accent.  That drawl.  So much nicer then a Southern accent.  And Oh Stetson hats on men!!! I melted seeing perfect strangers in them.  But yea, I could not  abide the heat.  Otherwise I'd be happy there.

Honored Contributor

I had to get used to farmers leaving their dead cows out in front of their house in the ditch for the 'death wagon' to pick them up.  What ? never heard of such a thing.

If you ever saw that Liz Taylor, Rock Hudson, James Dean movie  'Giant'

that pretty well sums up Texas. LOL

People, you think are on relief could buy me out 3 times over and have change left over. Not much for dressing up either. Men, are more respectful

of women.  I got a cop living next door I stopped over there and said "there's

2 dead cows laying in the ditch up on so and so road" He goes "yeah". I thought they had been hit. LOL

It's a adapt thing. I'm still adapting. Found a good church, though, and they have helped out when we needed it can depend on them. Don't have kids and if I did wouldn't help you either LOL so, I'm glad we found a good church.