Regular Contributor

Re: Anybody here ever use 1-800-Got-Junk?

I have a friend who is using them. She is very happy with their services.

Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
@Mmsfoxxiemy heart goes out to you ❤️ I am going through this exact thing. My Dad was diagnosed with 2 brain tumors last Thursday. He is in the hospital now. We are going through looking for Hospice Homes right at this moment. He has a 3 bedroom 2 bath home. FILLED with what he called his TREASURES. JUST PURE JUNK. HE WAS GOING TO THE LOCAL Swap Meet 2 times a week. There is barely walking room in his home. Also a 2 Car Garage. He is 92 and will not be going home. The doctor gives him 2-4 weeks. Very sad. Up until last Thursday he was fine. A very productive man.

@Naturesbeauty 

My heart breaks for your Dad, you and your family!Heart

Bless you all.....

Image result for sending hugs to you images

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used a local company, but I was moving out of a 1-bedroom apartment and it was pretty easy to get an estimate for that.

If one company won't give you an estimate, call another. I am lucky enough to live in a city large enough to have quite a few different companies to choose. I hope you have at least one other to choose from. 

Trusted Contributor

@Naturesbeauty  So sorry about your dad..............Heart

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Hahahahaha.  And who’s gonna fill that dumpster, @Leelee1123?  Not me, lol.  It’s amazing that I have three sons and none live in my area of the country.

@Mmsfoxxie 

Another thought, are there any colleges in your Dad's area?

Hungry college students are good workers and always looking for extra income!

They'll let you post a notice on the bulletin boards at the school, we have before.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Wow!  @Trinity11, it sounds like, as you and someone else said....they’ve gone up a lot.  Unless it was a humongous bedroom full of furniture and a chair, $400 was too much.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Not that I know of @KingstonsMom .  But, boy are you thinking, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie: My family has used them three times - twice last year, once this year and have had good experiences.  My daughter and her family live next door and they first used them for clean up after construction and I don’t what the charge was but I think it was around $100/hr. That was for two men, a box truck and open trailer.  We live rural so we have to pay fees at the county dump.

This last time I used them to clear out storage units and it was large, heavy appliances (refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers just to name a few).  This was an impossibility for me to have handled alone and I don’t know how they handled it but were prompt and efficient. The only thing they weren’t allowed to take were tires and some type of cpu.

I keep their number close by and won’t hesitant to use them again. Sorry I can’t provide more info on price but I feel they were very reasonable for all the work they did.  I do remember my SIL telling me you can save by dragging everything outside and not having to come in.

Hope this helps. You’ll feel better once it’s done, I promise. Good luck to you and yours.

Esteemed Contributor

Im so glad for this thread. I wanted to call them to clean out my QVC excess clothing shopping.....lol

I mentioned it to my son......lol who said," NO WAY!!!!"  ......lol

"Let me think about it for a while.We are gonna donate or sell it all"...he said.....lol

I have years and yrs  of QVC stuff ,unopened in boxes in my basement and a whole room full of great clothing , never worn (i'm one of those save for something special people)  not good   Smiley Sad    wear your stuff!!!

I tell my DDs and adult grands to go look and take what they want ,but they never do........sigh.

Great stuff!!! of course my son is correct.........lol

Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty   So sorry about your dad.  Take good care of yourself throughout this challenging timeHeart