Trusted Contributor

How is it in your state?  My son and DIL had plans to go to St. Louis for Memorial Day and now I'm not so sure they should go.  I hear there is flooding near the capital.

Honored Contributor

DH and I planning to go to meet family in Springfield over Memorial Day. Waiting to hear from several of my Missouri relatives.

Respected Contributor

I have a friend who moved to Missouri outside of Springfield a couple months ago.  I e-mailed her this morning to see if she was okay and she said the tornados did not hit her area but she was tired of all the flooding. 

Contributor

We were in the path of the tornado, but thankfully it turned a little north and missed us. We are in Dade Co (northwest of Springfield Mo) It was getting pretty scared!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@newname0 

It's raining in parts of Mo right now. You can go to weather.com & put in the zip code & see the hourly, 5 day, 10 day weather forecast.

I would not go any place that is having flooding issues. You never know what's going to happen.

Honored Contributor

I'm in the St. Louis area.  There is no flooding in the city or close by areas in the county.  But, they have been showing flooding in some areas where there are rivers.  This has been going on for some time now.  People just need to be cautious and stay away from any place where there is flooding.  

If it were me, don't think I would travel to any of the areas where they were just hit by tornados and/or any flooding.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have been watching what is going on in Missouri. Hard to watch and am praying for everyone who is impacted.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

My husband's nephew and family live in Noel, Missouri.  I haven't heard any bad news yet.  I do know that there is flash flooding in the area, but I don't know if they have been impacted.

Super Contributor

I live in Independence. We have had lots of rain. It moves to St. Louis after us. You might check weather channel a couple days before holiday weekend. I will warn you our weather changes on a dime. Been a very strange year 

St. Louis is a nice city but just watch areas you go thru

have fun