Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody ever lost a gift bought early?

@catchersmom wrote:

@sunshine45 I can't remember if I already told you this (lol that kind of goes with the theme of this thread) but I absolutely love your quote. That story is probably my all time favorite one. 

thank you @catchersmom!

i usually make it my quote every christmas.

i am with you......it is my favoritet story of all time. i cannot tell you how many times i watched multiple versions of A CHRISTMAS CAROL all season long AND read the short story once again. hope you had a wonderful holiday! Smiley Happy

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Oh yes---years ago when my kids were little---hid them so well I couldn't find them for a couple years. Now if I buy any gifts, I put that info on my calender in the month that it is supposed to be given---makes things so easy.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361

I haven’t lost any gifts because, after shopping early one year, I discovered that I tend not to stop and end up spending too much money. I don’t shop early anymore. 

But I have a horrible habit of buying cards early for people and occasions.. I forget about them and come across them months after I intended to send them. I’m working on not buying cards early and also sending them as soon as I get them.

Respected Contributor

I don't think so but right after I finally found my beautiful Indian table runner that I took off when decorating the dining table for xmas, I realized I don't know where I put my two kitchen towels that I put out for decoration only, not use when i got out my kitchen xmas towels.   I guess I'll stumble across them eventually.   I sure hope so.