Respected Contributor

Re: Anybody Play The PCH Sweepstakes?

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I use to enter the sweepstakes, but there are so many hoops to jump through on their website, that I don't play it anymore.

Also, has anyone won so much as a dollar from PCH?

Yes.  I've won $5, $10, and $100.  I rarely do the mail entries unless there is something I want to order, but play the games online daily.  I'm an insomniac so it's something to do in the middle of the night.

Never order magazines, but they have all sorts of handy gadgets, jewelry, clothing, etc.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

What @Carmie said -- I entered once and started receiving 3 or 4 emails every day for years.  They not only sell magazines, but their emails sell all sorts of junky items.  You have to click thru several pages of junk before you can enter on each email.  I admit I got sucked in a few times and ordered items -- the shipping charges were more than the cost of the items and, like I said, the items were junk.  I stopped opening their emails, but they continued to send them to me every day for about 2 more years.   They finally stopped.

No, I never won anything.  Ever.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor

My Mom bought in on the the scam. They called and said she had won a car and a bunch of cash. All she had to do was buy some gift cards. She had my son take her to town to get them. Thank goodness he caught on to what was happening. They harassed her for a week before they quit calling. Almost never convinced her that it was a scam. Mom is 80. Luckily a couple had won a million dollars from PHC from a neighboring county a couple of months before that and they had been on the news. PCH stated that they never call when you win that they just show up. And reminded people that if you have to pay to win a contest it's a scam. Had to print article off and show to Mom.

Respected Contributor

We never played, we just threw the envelope in the trash whenever it came in. Once when our son was about 7 years old, he pulled a PCH envelope out of the trash asking why we threw it away when we might already be winners. He couldn't believe we'd throw away the opportunity to be millionaires. It took us a little while to convince him that it was just a come on. 

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819     yes if they send me an envelope, I always send it back. Just the ones they mail me.  Not online. I figure for a stamp why not? And those that do not enter and throw their entry away just makes the odds better  for me!

Esteemed Contributor

Don't think they have me on their list anymore.  Been awhile since I even heard of them.

Esteemed Contributor

I get things in the mail from them. I filled out the form once and sent it back, not that long ago. Well they kept sending me follow up things in the mail that I never sent back, and it eventually stopped. I can’t believe Marie Osmond is now doing commercials for them. I like her, but between Nutri System and PCH, she is only TV waaaaay too often. I always yell at the TV, “Shut up Marie.” For some reason I get a perverse pleasure out of doing that.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead