Respected Contributor

Re: Anybody Here Use a Water Pick/Flosser?

The other side of the coin:

I must be genetically presidposed to plaque build up because no matter how much flossing and brushing I do the hygenist always comments on the plaque.  I have a mouth full of fillings and crowns (pre fluoride baby) and food gets trapped everywhere.  So, I have floss in my purse, the bathroom, the table drawer next to my TV chair, everywhere and I use it after anything goes in my mouth.

So, several years ago I bought a Sonic Care WP.  Used it religiously.  Went for my six month checkup and the hygenist couldn't tell one bit of difference.  In fact, she said the WP's weren't all they are cracked up to be.   Sheese.

I've been thinking about trying them again.  DH uses the Braun electric toothbrush and likes it.   I'll do some research and see.  I like the idea of the portable, shower friendly one.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody Here Use a Water Pick/Flosser?

@Bridgegal wrote:

The other side of the coin:

I must be genetically presidposed to plaque build up because no matter how much flossing and brushing I do the hygenist always comments on the plaque.  I have a mouth full of fillings and crowns (pre fluoride baby) and food gets trapped everywhere.  So, I have floss in my purse, the bathroom, the table drawer next to my TV chair, everywhere and I use it after anything goes in my mouth.

So, several years ago I bought a Sonic Care WP.  Used it religiously.  Went for my six month checkup and the hygenist couldn't tell one bit of difference.  In fact, she said the WP's weren't all they are cracked up to be.   Sheese.

I've been thinking about trying them again.  DH uses the Braun electric toothbrush and likes it.   I'll do some research and see.  I like the idea of the portable, shower friendly one.   

@Bridgegal  I'm the same as you. Although I have had periodontal work done a number of times. I so for cleanings every three months. Twice a year to periodontist and twice a year to regular dentist. I have the toothbrush and pik. I mostly use the pik. It helps.