Honored Contributor

Re: Anybody Else Wake Up Tired Today?

I remember as kid my sisters and I would moan about getting up for school during this time.  LOL

Today I really don't sleep by the clock; I wake up at 3 am or I wake up at 5 am or 7 am or whatever.

This time change does not bother us today.  Even the fall back isn't so bad because our sunsets happen closer to 6pm instead of the miserable 4pm up north.

I feel for those getting up for work; but you will adjust, I hope.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

Daylight Foolish Time is upon us again.  Changing the clock has no bearing whatsoever on the sun.  

But it does have the result of being light at a later time  because of the change.  Many, like me get tired as soon as it's dark in the evening and fall asleep earlier in that awful standard time.  I am not a   vampire!!!  Morning is no issure for me.  I always can accomplish much more with DST.

Respected Contributor

No, but then I forgot to set my clock back an hour last night. Even forgot to do so this morning. It wasn't until I saw this thread that I remembered the time change. 

Guess I'm getting old. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

No, but then I forgot to set my clock back an hour last night. Even forgot to do so this morning. It wasn't until I saw this thread that I remembered the time change. 

Guess I'm getting old. 

@Sushismom 

We were supposed to set out clocks one hour FORWARD last night, not back.

As the saying goes, "Spring FORWARD Fall Back".

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Yes, I'm aware of that. Another showing of getting old and still being half-asleep. 

I've lived here for over 50 years. But thanks for the reminder. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

No.   

I got up and made coffee as usual. I was playing a Nero Wolfe Mystery on one tablet, and on the other tablet I checked the QVC app for Free Ship (alas, no).

My outside cat was waiting for breakfast. I saw Sneaky Pete (a feral cat) waiting to steal whatever food would be left. And I didn't check the time until I took my thyroid pill.

I was surprised it was that late, and that's when I remembered the time shift is today.

It's not a big deal.

Valued Contributor

I really hate having to adjust my medications when time changes. I'm religious about taking my twice a day meds every 12 hours. Yesterday I took them at 9 but today 9 is 10! Oh well, I'll figure it out but I wish I didn't have to😧

Trusted Contributor

The first day I'm always a little slow.  I made sure to stop at Dunkin' to get my latte before food shopping.  Then hit Wawa, and the car wash.  It's 12:30p and I still haven't had breakfast!

Tomorrow I'll be okay.

And I also love the longer days, especially now that I live near the beach.

Respected Contributor

if we must endure this, do it later (like April like we used to do).  it's dark later in the a.m. and kids have to head to school buses.   

Trusted Contributor

Yes indeed I did.  Still feel sluggish.  Ok, I am old :-)