Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any unusual birthday situations or coincidences?

My father's family: he was born on Mothers Day, youngest brother born on Christmas Day, one sister born on Labor Day, other sister born on 11/22 which was not a holiday but became a day in US history- assassination of JFK.

One sibling not born on a holiday.

Honored Contributor

My birthday is shortly after Christmas but all my brother's birthdays are in June/july so my Mom would have a "Joint" birthday party for us all around the end of June at our church hall and she would request no gifts but put out a donation box if someone wanted to make a donation to the church. Every time I had to go to a birthday party for anyone and take a gift I felt cheated, because these kids would get a haul of gifts and we never got any. I suppose we learned a lesson from that, but it was pretty hard to take when you're a little kid. My brother's felt the same way.

Respected Contributor

My parents couldn't have children, so I am adopted.  Back in those days, the doctors would deliver the baby.  I was born on 4/21 and my dad's birthday was 4/25 (he's deceased).  The doctor delivered me to them when I was 4 days old on my dad's birthday.

He told me I was his birthday present; he was a wonderful dad and I miss him very much but never forget the wonderful times we shared together.

Trusted Contributor

@house_cat

My Mom’s birthday is Sept 14th. On 9/14/86 her Dad died. On 9/14/90 her Mom died. On 9/14/09 her sister died. I think the odds of this happening are astronomical. Until this March these were the only immediate family members to pass away. And they all died on her birthday. This year on 3/14 her remaining sister passed away. It was 6 months, to the day, from her birthday. 

Honored Contributor

I have a birthday twin on the forums @GCR18  Different years, same date.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

My fourth grandchild was born on my birthday June 3, many, many years apart.  Her brother was born on my husband’s birthday April 28.   My first boyfriend and his twin sister were born on June 3 and in the same hospital as I only minutes apart.  Just recently I discovered his twin lives across the street from me.  Met for lunch and laughed and talked like 60 years had not past.

Esteemed Contributor

My girls were born on the 10th, 27 months apart, same hospital opposite bed.  Have a son between them!

Frequent Contributor

My brother's oldest daughter and son were born on the same month/day six years apart.  All three of his children share the same birthday day - the 21st.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Two of my grandchildren, brother and sister, were both born on Nov. 5, three years apart. When I met a young man in France who was the image of my grandson, I discovered that he was also born on Nov. 5. My daughter married a man with the same last name as ours...no relation. My oldest daughter had her baby on her birthday, so my daughter and granddaughter were both born on March 3. Then there are my first two dogs, who shared an August 13 birthday, ten years apart. Finally, my best friend and I lost a parent on the same day, same year, March 27, 1996. Coincidences fill my life.

Super Contributor

My sister, 2 years younger, and I have the same birthday.  We always said it was because my mother only wanted to have a housefull of kids (for a BD party) once per year!