Frequent Contributor

Re: Any unusual birthday situations or coincidences?

@dex wrote:

@blrc I find your story really interesting..I wonder if your parents knew each other?

They did not. We were born in a very large, major city. DH amd I met in high school.

Honored Contributor

Both grandmothers had the same first and middle names.   

Honored Contributor

Thank you, everyone!

I just love these stories!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

I wonder if the woman in the OP had C sections and chose that date. My niece had a c section for her first and when her second child was due near the same date - 4 years later she chose to have her c section on the same day - so her boys share a birthday.

@151949

She said they were natural births.

My aunt and her sister had sons on the same day, within two hours of each other in different hospitals.  One had to pass the other's house on the way to the hospital... she saw her sister and BIL pulling out of their driveway as they passed by.

This same aunt of mine had four sons.  They were born on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve and Easter in a span of 11 years.  We were a close family and had holidays together.  The joke always was that Aunt Mary would do anything to get out of cooking, lol.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

My Son and DIL have the same Birthday

Respected Contributor

I was born on my Great Aunt's birthday.  She would give me "On Our Mutual Birthday" cards.   Heart

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I have a birthday twin on the forums @GCR18  Different years, same date.

🙋 don't be late with this year's birthday gift 🎁.  😉

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many years ago when I started my first job (I'm a senior now so this was a LOT of years ago) I sat in an office with five women.  One of the first things they asked me was my birth date, then they all laughed.  The five birthdays turned out to be December 16, 17, 20, 21 and 25 - and me on December 19. 

Also - again many years ago - my niece was born on her Dad's (my brother) 21st birthday.  In those days in the UK your 21st birthday was major and my brother spent his 21st sitting in the hospital with my sister in law.  However, we always told him that he got the best gift of all on that day.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@house_cat

Wish I did. Only coincidences were the deaths of my maternal grandfather/grandmother, and my mother. All died on February 14th, and each exactly 13 years apart(1943-1956/1969). Thus the reason my wife and I got married on Valentine's Day. 

Not meant as a downer for your thread, and I hope you do not take it that way. This was/is a very unusual circumstance, and not an easy one to forget on that particular day.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

My birthday is June 17th, it's also Father's Day, and Bunker Hill Day. It is a State Holiday, but only in one county, really more of  a day of observance. You use to be able to climb to the top of the tower. When I was a kid I did on a field trips.. It looks like a big birthday candle Smiley Happy

Quick Facts

Bunker Hill Day commemorates the Battle of Bunker Hill, which took place on June 17, 1775 on the Charlestown Peninsula, Boston Harbor, in Massachusetts.

Bunker Hill Day 2018

Sunday, June 17, 2018 (local in Massachusetts)
Monday, June 18, 2018 – Observed date (local in Massachusetts)

Bunker Hill Day 2019

Monday, June 17, 2019 (local in Massachusetts)800px-Bunker_hill_2009.JPG