Super Contributor

When I lived up north, and before internet, (yes many years ago), I used to get bored.  But since I moved to florida and I have the internet at my fingertips Im never bored.  Even during this Covid, I was still able to keep from getting bored.  Its still warm here.  We get alot of days with sunshine.  Much more than when I lived up north.  Florida does have its moments with rain, but the many many days of sunshine sort of make up for it.  I always said moving here was good for my mental health.  Im grateful and feel blessed.

Trusted Contributor

@aoldgirl   I love jigsaw puzzles! Would love to come over and do one with you. 😊

Respected Contributor

OMG No!  I have been super busy at work for the past two weeks and I am exhausted.  I evaluate preschool children for special education services and we get our government funding based on how many students are enrolled by a specific date so we are trying to evaluate and enroll as many students as possible before that date which is November 13.  I won't be bored for awhile. 

Honored Contributor

Our last couple of days have been very overcast and gray.  Today is supposed to be rainy and gloomy all day.  That's why I don't like fall.  I mean, the colors are beautiful while they last (which isn't very long), but the weather soon becomes cold, wet, windy and gray looking.  With everything else going on, it's real hard to maintain a positive attitude!  I just got a couple of catalogs which have tons of puzzles and I'm thinking about trying this again.  I used to love doing them years ago and maybe this would be something that would occupy my time and mind, besides, t.v.!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Re: Any one bored?

[ Edited ]

Never bored.  We have had a great summer and fall, unusually long.  So appreciative of that here in Upstate NY.   I still have Zinnias in pots on the deck but that will end Saturday morning as the temps are to drop into the 20's here.   We have had many days now of off and on drizzle and gray.  I am starting to think about my next quilting project which may be a Christmas gift.  Nothing fancy, a rag quilt so it can be used and not fussed over.  I am waiting for the fabric to arrive.  I enjoy scouring the TV for something old or new and always have a puzzle in progress.  Wish I had kept all the ones I had purchased thru the years rather than donating them all.  And then there is baking, at least once a week I bake something.  

Esteemed Contributor

I would loooove to be bored!  Too much to do and not enough time for ME!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I have joined the ranks of puzzle assemblers since April. Four are on order from the library. I can keep them a month before returning.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I am bored, 42 degress here,cold rain, not a thing on tv.

I am sorry you are bored.  I am wondering, don't you still have one dog?  Does that dog not keep you busy?  I also remember you mentioning thinking about getting another dog.  Did you decide against that?

I hope you can figure out something fun to fill your days!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

It;s been raining non stop here. I'm waiting on a book I ordered to come so I can have something to read. But yes I am bored. 

Honored Contributor

I am not bored exactly but not looking forward to being back in quarantine for the winter since the Covid numbers are spiking again.  I am looking forward to the time we can safely eat out, go to plays and movies, etc.