Esteemed Contributor

I never get bored.  Always too much to do and not enough time to do it.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

I worked today (short day) but our business is so slow I have not had a full day in a very long time.  

DH is home at noon on days that are my day off and it is driving me crazy.  

I am not used to not working and especially not used to having DH home all the time....(no snary comments please).  I am one of those people that need alone time and it is really getting the best of me. 

Respected Contributor

no, i am not one who gets bored. 

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest And that rain makes it feel even colder!  We had snow and single digit temps a few days ago here in Colorado, back up to the 70's next week.

Someone posted their finished paint by number country type scene here a few months ago.  Does that sound like something you may want to do to keep the boredom at bay?  They are on Amazon and reasonable, $14.99, the brand is Dimensions.  They also have a really nice dog one too.

I bought one and the box is in the laundry room lol, I'll get to it when it stays consistently cold which isn't too far away.

pbn.jpg

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest. You're in Maine; I'm in the Desert Southwest but it's also 42° and overcast here today and we had 10" of snow yesterday.  I could go out as it has melted on the pavement but there's no place to go.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@goldensrbest. You're in Maine; I'm in the Desert Southwest but it's also 42° and overcast here today and we had 10" of snow yesterday.  I could go out as it has melted on the pavement but there's no place to go.

Did the dogs play in it?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest. Oh yes, they run, play and wrestle, then get it coated all over their coats and leg feathers.  Then they run in the dog door and both jump in my lap.  Each weighs 30-35lbs so its a heavy, wet, cold load.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I am bored.  Every. Single. Day. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I moved to a new state and am having the time of my life right now. So much new to discover, the weather  is mild and a very active neighborhood living on a golf course. Even during COVID no complaints here.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Valued Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I worked today (short day) but our business is so slow I have not had a full day in a very long time.  

DH is home at noon on days that are my day off and it is driving me crazy.  

I am not used to not working and especially not used to having DH home all the time....(no snary comments please).  I am one of those people that need alone time and it is really getting the best of me. 

@Mom2Dogs 

We recently retired and it has been a big adjustment to be around DH all day.  He can putter in the garage or outside and I am like "what am I going to do today???"  It's so ironic because when I was working, we both had our elderly moms plus demanding jobs.  Now our mothers are gone and we have no responsibilities.  Wish there could have been some balance at the time.  I want to volunteer once things open up again but for now I'm trying to practice 'counting my blessings' and learning I don't have to be on the go all the time!